Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I am looking into buying a webOS phone. I noticed that according to Wikipedia, the Pre 2 (unlocked) runs the same version of webOS as the Pre 3. But, I am slightly confused on carriers for the Pre 2, so my question is can I activate the Pre 2 on AT&T GoPhone's $50/month Unlimited Plan.

~Thanks
    Well, the Pre2 can take normal SIM cards, it works on GSM networks, so I don't see why not.
    Reports are that Go Phone activation locks the SIM to the particular Go Phone IMEI (individual identity number of that phone) for a 6 month period...

Other reports are that there may be a workaround through AT&T brick and mortar store help...

Are GoPhone SIM Card locked?! - AT&T Community Support
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Reports are that Go Phone activation locks the SIM to the particular Go Phone IMEI (individual identity number of that phone) for a 6 month period...

Other reports are that there may be a workaround through AT&T brick and mortar store help...

Are GoPhone SIM Card locked?! - AT&T Community Support
    After I posted, I did ask an AT&T Live Chat Agent (at about 1AM) if it was possible to buy just a GoPhone SIM, because I found people saying similar things, and she said I would have to go to an AT&T Store. My luck the one thing we have in this town is Walmart and cell phone stores, so when I get my Pre 2 (soon ) I will have to go buy a SIM from AT&T. ~Thanks
    You might want to look into straight talk, it runs on AT&T towers, similar price, and easier access to SIM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You might want to look into straight talk, it runs on AT&T towers, similar price, and easier access to SIM.
    After looking into AT&T's plan they seem to be really picky about how you use the data. I'm thinking of using Straight Talk, or Simple Mobile... Havn't decided which one yet
    Yeah I've heard GoPhone is a lot tougher than ST, but I haven't used either personally.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...