Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spiderwort
  1.    #1  
    Just got an unlocked Palm pre 2 that i am using with my t-mobile sim card. I dont have a data plan and only want to use the phone for wifi, so I read through the forums and found out how to skip the activation and profile setup by using developer mode. However, I also just found out that I can't access the app catalog. Is there anyway I can setup my profile using wifi so I can get the app catalog?
    You will probably need to use an app called Impostah to create a profile

or, as a workaround, I think you could use Preware + App TuckerBox
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by ln1821 View Post
    Just got an unlocked Palm pre 2 that i am using with my t-mobile sim card. I dont have a data plan and only want to use the phone for wifi, so I read through the forums and found out how to skip the activation and profile setup by using developer mode. However, I also just found out that I can't access the app catalog. Is there anyway I can setup my profile using wifi so I can get the app catalog?
    I have a Pre 2, I have access to the app catalog, and I've never had a data plan, I always use wifi.

It's been over a year. Let's see what I can remember. I got into developer mode and activated wifi. Then I did something (here is the part I can't remember) in order to get the First Use application to appear. I ran that application in order to set up my Palm profile.

Try searching for First Use. It may have been meta doctor, or a patch.

I have to run. I'll see what my brain dredges up in the next few hours.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderwort View Post
    I have a Pre 2, I have access to the app catalog, and I've never had a data plan, I always use wifi.

It's been over a year. Let's see what I can remember. I got into developer mode and activated wifi. Then I did something (here is the part I can't remember) in order to get the First Use application to appear. I ran that application in order to set up my Palm profile.

Try searching for First Use. It may have been meta doctor, or a patch.

I have to run. I'll see what my brain dredges up in the next few hours.
    Heh....this took me a while, but recently became relevant to me. I still don't remember what I did on my original phone. But I recently acquired a new (to me....previously-owned) Pre 2 and had to figure this out (no data plans here).

This is what I did:
    Meta-doctor (relevant options: bypass first use, turn on developer mode)
    Used WebOS Quick Install to install Preware
    Used Preware to install Impostah
    Used Impostah Activation to sign the phone into a pre-existing Touchpad profile. It _should_ work for creating a new profile as well.

This seems to have eliminated the Dr Skipped Firstuse account that plagues some people. And it appears we have proper access to the HP App Catalog.

Just thought I'd get this out there in a clear fashion for the next guy.
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderwort View Post
    Just thought I'd get this out there in a clear fashion for the next guy.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee