Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    For about a week now all google results and google itself are showing in a formatted for mobile viewing layout. It sucks! It's as if google changed something with what it displays for this webos browser on a pre2. Anyone else?
    Same on Pre3 and you summed up my thoughts exactly. PITA.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    ditto
    i liked that feature when I had my Tungsten C, but not anymore
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    It REALLY sucks that google docs uses a mobile version when on the touchpad! IOW, the whole advantage of keeping a spreadsheet up there for a quick look or edit on the TP is out the window. Picsel syncs, but it apparently has problems with google's spreadsheet format.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    I'm not seeing a solution for us phone users in that thread. It looks like they had a solution for the TouchPad, and then Google fixed it on their end (just tried it on my TouchPad). My FrankenPre2 is still showing Google's crappy mobile version though.
    +1 i think google is getting scared of open webos and is setting it up for a poor user experiance. probably not but i like to cheer on the underdog anyways
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    haha, I'm as big of a webOS ****** as the next person, but there is just no way Google is scared of open webOS.
    it was reported in one of the threads about this that this API change fixed the mobile image search that was broken with the last set of API changes.... so not all is bad
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I got used to the google image search bug and can live with it - the auto-Google mobilizing of all of the web pages on my Pre 3 I can't live with.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    it was reported in one of the threads about this that this API change fixed the mobile image search that was broken with the last set of API changes.... so not all is bad
    I agree that the image view being fixed is awesome, as far as the mobile web pages, just scroll to the bottom and tap on view page directly, its not a big deal.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlynx69 View Post
    I agree that the image view being fixed is awesome, as far as the mobile web pages, just scroll to the bottom and tap on view page directly, its not a big deal.
    3 results and the layout sticks, so for me it's a big deal. Gonna have to switch to Bing for default! Or get the new iPhone..lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    3 results and the layout sticks, so for me it's a big deal. Gonna have to switch to Bing for default! Or get the new iPhone..lol.
    That's Apple's goal to have us all using their products exclusively. They have desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, music players, Tv boxes, I'm waiting for the microwave and refrigerator next. And they all will sync together in the cloud. Resistance is Futile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    scrolling to the bottom and hitting the link is a deal breaker for you?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlynx69 View Post
    that's apple's goal to have us all using their products exclusively. They have desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, music players, tv boxes, i'm waiting for the microwave and refrigerator next. And they all will sync together in the cloud. Resistance is futile.
    skynet!
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Don't get me wrong I'm an Apple fan, have a iMac, macbook, ipod touch, even an iphone. But I also have a kindle fire instead of an ipad and I use webos instead of ios for my mobile phone. Diversity makes the world a much more interesting place. I don't know about you but I like variety and choices in my life.
    Rockbeast likes this.
    Bing search is actually pretty nice! What are the downsides to using it I wonder?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    well, whenever I search for anything in Detroit using Bing, it always takes me to Mexico .. I understand there are some similarities, but that's just not good.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    scrolling to the bottom and hitting the link is a deal breaker for you?
    It's a backwards move...I won't use Google like that, I love my pre2 and have been with webos since day one on a Sprint Pre. Even moved to Verizon for a Pre2....but no updates, no new hardware, no 4G, may break the camel's back finally. There's only so long anyone can go with what is not current.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast