Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hotlynx69
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I figured that since the Pre 2 had more Ram and a faster processor I wouldn't have to worry about the TMC error, well it came up a few times. So I installed uberkernell and things were fine for a week or so, then I get another TMC error. So now I have enabled Compcache and set it at 48mb. So far no problems since, but I was under the impression Pre 2 users shouldn't have to worry about setting this. I don't run multiple apps at once and I only get the error after the phone has been asleep for awhile, no apps are running, I will pick it up to check email or send a text and the TMC error pops up when I have no cards open at all. What GIves???
    A couple patches to try which I believe will help...

Disk Cache Mod
    and
    System Control Optimization

These should help Pre 2 manage RAM

Also:

EOM Overlord
    and
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging

To keep the system from clogging itself
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Ok thanks for these suggestions. I will try these and see if that improves things.
    I am guessing you have services running in the background. I very rarely have seen TMC on Pre2's.

Either you got an app that is leaving something running or you have apps that are using background services correctly but causing a memory use issue.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Well I don't know which apps it could be. I have jstop installed and frequently I check to see whats running and its always the default stuff, like email, phone, messaging, calendar, launcher, camera, system. I do notice that the phone seems to be running in three entries, don't know why or if that's normal
    You can enable JStop's auto-garbage clean function (and disable the alerts too)

Honestly, I only encountered a TMC error when I:
    1. Loaded almost every app on the phone
    2. Loaded 3-4 3D games
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  7.    #7  
    I enabled auto-garbage in jstop, someone else had mentioned that webos does this on its own so that is why I never enabled it. I am still concerned about the phone app running in three different entries, is it supposed to do that?
    One of my all time favorite apps for the Pre on 1.4.5 is Weather Icon. Unfortunately, it does not work well on my Pre2 with 2.x -- it gave me TMC's. Do you that installed?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9.    #9  
    I have weather dashboard installed. Before that nothing, it has always been an occasional issue. With the new patches installed everything seems ok.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.