Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I wish to use my Pre2 (verizon) on wifi only and hopefully find a way to use Skype. I've substituted ##devmode# for 911 but it then takes me back to profile so i'm unable to enter devmode. Any ideas?

My original idea was to upgrade my Pixi Plus to the Pre2 after the Verizon reps assured me I'd still have my free mobile hotspot but that wasn't true, so i'm still with the Pixi but wish to use the Pre2 on wifi..
    Did you use the dial pad to enter the ##devmode# ? It translates to ##3386633#.

Good luck.
    If you have webOS 2.2.4 on a Verizon Pre2 then yes Skype will work over WiFi, if you have stock webOS 2.1.0 build 124, which has Skype Mobile, that only works over Verizon's Data Network. FYI there are two Verizon scripts in the meta doctor application to Bump a Verizon Pre2 to webOS 2.2.4.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qlearner View Post
    Did you use the dial pad to enter the ##devmode# ? It translates to ##3386633#.

Good luck.
    Yes
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you have webOS 2.2.4 on a Verizon Pre2 then yes Skype will work over WiFi, if you have stock webOS 2.1.0 build 124, which has Skype Mobile, that only works over Verizon's Data Network. FYI there are two Verizon scripts in the meta doctor application to Bump a Verizon Pre2 to webOS 2.2.4.
    I'm not quite sure of some of the detail--you folks are far beyond me in understanding the fundamentals of WebOS:
    Do I need to download Ubunto to download MetaDoctor? How do I handle the Palm Profile? Where can I download a Skype program, since, obviously the Verizon Mobile Skype won't be usable on wifi.

please, if you have the time, don't spare the step by step details!!
    Quote Originally Posted by selchie View Post
    I'm not quite sure of some of the detail--you folks are far beyond me in understanding the fundamentals of WebOS:
    Do I need to download Ubunto to download MetaDoctor? How do I handle the Palm Profile? Where can I download a Skype program, since, obviously the Verizon Mobile Skype won't be usable on wifi.

please, if you have the time, don't spare the step by step details!!
    As far as I know, you have to do the meta doctor build on a linux platform. I usually use a virtual installation of Ubuntu running under VirtualBox https://www.virtualbox.org/ so that I don't have to actually boot into Ubuntu - I can run it while still running Windows.

You'll find complete Meta-Doctor Instructions Here Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

You'll want to use this line to run the script:

./scripts/meta-<carrier>-<device>-<version> --wifi-only

That line is in the instructions found here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

I hope this helps get you started.
    Activation bypass tool + Impostah = WiFi only device with active palm profile. (just don't try to use the same profile on two devices).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Activation bypass tool + Impostah = WiFi only device with active palm profile. (just don't try to use the same profile on two devices).
    Except I don't thing there's an official Verizon 2.2.4 doctor - so no skype unless to build a custom meta-doctor. . .