Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I did something and now when I boot up the phone Tux the Penguin stays on the phone for a very long time, then it boots showing the Hp logo. Is this related to having developer mode on???? Please help and thanks!
  2. #2  
    You might want to provide more details. Ie. version of webOS, any custom kernels, what you are overclocked to, what patches you have installed. And what do you mean by "very long time"? 1 minute, 5, 10?

    Pretty much a guessing game until you provide more information.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You might want to provide more details. Ie. version of webOS, any custom kernels, what you are overclocked to, what patches you have installed. And what do you mean by "very long time"? 1 minute, 5, 10?

    Pretty much a guessing game until you provide more information.
    It's on 2.2, Pre 2, I have UberKernal installed, it takes between 1-2 minutes while on the Tux with screwdriver boot logo, then another 2 minutes on the Hp logo.
  4. #4  
    So in your first post, you said you did something. What did you do? and why do you have Tux showing up on boot? Only thing I can think of is you have an alpha kernel installed....which isn't Uberkernel. More details.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So in your first post, you said you did something. What did you do? and why do you have Tux showing up on boot? Only thing I can think of is you have an alpha kernel installed....which isn't Uberkernel. More details.
    I installed a patch for showing the FirstUse screen by Arthur as I needed to activate a palm profile on a previously bypassed Pre2. That caused a blackscreen in Gesture Tutorial so I removed that patch using the Emergency path removal in preware but the long boot screen followed. I turned off devmode but that did not fix the problem.
  6. #6  
    Doctor your phone and start over with it. After the doctor finishes, you will be able to enter your account information.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Doctor your phone and start over with it. After the doctor finishes, you will be able to enter your account information.
    Will that delete all photos contacts and preware apps? I did backup everything. Also this is a FrankenPre2. Will I need to go through the hassle of activating it on the Sprint network?
  8. #8  
    The USB portion of your phone remains untouched with webOS Doctor. If you want to be 100% certain that you don't lose any contacts, read this article: How to: Export your webOS contacts to CSV | webOS Nation I have doctored before and not lost contacts that I've added after the fact.

    FrankenPre2 is new information I'm not 100% on whether or not you will have problems with your network.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ...Why do you have Tux showing up on boot?...
    There are light and dark Tux pics floating around out there and instructions on making it into a boot image. My Pre 2 shows Tux on bootup and if it is broken, I broked it on purpose.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #10  
    What is that, like 20 seconds longer than usual?

Posting Permissions