Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    My navigation borked. Where Google Maps has my GPS fix (the homebrew one), Maps insists my location isn't available.
    maps is able to get my locations when I tried last week at least.

Any chance you have wifi on and location services or GPS off? (google does a good job in some situations of picking up location via wifi).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    any updates on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    it is always possible it's a two sided thing (like the google just type search)...
    What...do you mean the McDonalds near Tulsa is a 2-sided thing?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sure google (or bing in this case) updated something, but the software can be updated to work as normal if someone does that (at least in the case of the google search)
    OK, so why is my Pre2 Maps app "Google Maps", the OLD one...and not bing maps? If I click on it, I get a message saying "Please tap here to update to the new Maps app or search for Maps in the App Catalog" and when I do tap it is taking me to download the new HP (Bing) maps app in the App Catalog...which says I already have it installed so I "Tap to launch" the bar on the bottom of the HP Bing Maps App store page and it takes me right back to the "Please tap here to update to the new Maps app or search for Maps in the App Catalog" message...loopy!

I can't delete this app, I can't use it...I don't like it. I'd rather have the HP Bing maps app than this nothing infinite loop 'app'. Has anyone figured out how to deal with this?

FYI, I use 72ka's homebrew Google Maps almost exclusively. I did use BFG Maps, but it seems BFG maps (which I bought the ad free version) is hiding somewhere on my system...can't locate the icon...and when I launch it 9by going to the App Catalog, searching for BFG maps, and then tapping the bottom bar that says "Tap to launch", it launches, then resets my Pre2.

Oh well, back to the point, I use 72ka's Google Maps, but I either want to update the old Google Maps with the HP Bing Maps app, or get rid of the old Google Maps app altogether.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

This has been reported and documented so many times, one can use internalz pro in master mode to delete the maps app from /usr/palm/applications, there is a patch app in preware, but if your checksum is messed up, next month you will get an update notice which will create the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    This has been reported and documented so many times, one can use internalz pro in master mode to delete the maps app from /usr/palm/applications, there is a patch app in preware, but if your checksum is messed up, next month you will get an update notice which will create the same issue.
    As discussed in another thread, I just installed the patch, and voila, I have Maps again! Thanks all!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12