1.    #1  
    I have been running a Sprint FrankenPre 2 for a couple of months now, but ran into something odd today. I connected the headphone jack on the phone to the line-in on my PC, so I could play some of my music through my PC's external speakers using Music Player Remix.

But...as soon as I plugged in the cable...the Pre 2 Voice Dial app launched prompting me to say who I wanted to call. I dismissed the voice dial app and that left me in the phone app. I got rid of that and went back to my music....only to have the Voice Dial app pop up again. After several cycles of this pattern, I gave up and just plugged my headphones into the phone.

Could it be there was some small amount of feedback or noise coming from the line-in jack on the PC that made the phone think I was using headphones with a built in microphone?
    I have the same issue occasionally when I plug my external Logitech speakers into my standard Pre 2, running 2.1.0. It only happens at the time I plug in the speakers, though - once I cancel and close the app, it doesn't return. I figured it was some sort of feedback issue that triggers the voice dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrope View Post
    I have the same issue occasionally when I plug my external Logitech speakers into my standard Pre 2, running 2.1.0. It only happens at the time I plug in the speakers, though - once I cancel and close the app, it doesn't return. I figured it was some sort of feedback issue that triggers the voice dial.
    ditto
    Possible you accidentally were pushing the volume up button as you were plugging in?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Plugging in headphones sometimes does that. I recently started happening on mine, but i use an iPod for music, so its not too bad
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Voice dial pops up on mine when I plug in an aux cable. I've not noticed if it is only sometimes. It's every time I can remember.
    +1 90% of the time on multiple types of speaker jacks
    wow I have never had that happen, but I do not plug mine in daily.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    almost everytime, is there anyway to completely disable voice dial? Delete it?
    Nothing I could find to disable, and not sure if you can delete as it appears integrated into the phone app.
    I couldn't find it either. It is happening a lost on my Sprint Pre with 2.1. It will keep popping up whenever there is background noise. I don't remember my Pre 2 being this crazy. I need to play with it some more. I was thinking I remember reading something about voice dial related to the metadoctor. I need to see if I can find it again.