1.    #1  
    So hereís what happened:

Last week I dropped my FrankenPre 2 and cracked the screen pretty badly. Out of frustration, I used my upgrade on an iPhone 4 (it was only $50 at Best Buy). Then this past week after seeing all the rumors about the new iPhone coming out next month, & noticing Sprint dropped the price of the iPhone 4S to $149, I figured these rumors must be true and decided to return my iPhone today and save my upgrade for the new one.

Iím now back on my FrankenPre 2 and Best Buy was able to activate it back on my account. Everything seems to be working (I can make calls, send texts, etc.) except it canít get a data connection from Sprints network.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Do I need to swap the com boards again back into my Pre minus, meta doctor, then re-do the FrankenPre???
    That's the way I understand it. I'm surprised they got it activated at all. I don't know that you will need to re-doctor it though, since it is already set up, just reactivate the board in the pre and swap it back in. The data may provision once it's in the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That's the way I understand it. I'm surprised they got it activated at all. I don't know that you will need to re-doctor it though, since it is already set up, just reactivate the board in the pre and swap it back in. The data may provision once it's in the Pre.
    Yeah, I was surprised it activated too.
    I was hoping I wouldn't have to take them apart again, but oh well. I certainly can't go without data.

Thanks for the tip.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

I was about to do the swap, but as I took out the batteries from my Pre & Pre 2, I realized that the serial numbers & info on my FrankenPre 2 are of the Unlocked Pre 2. When I gave my phone to the Best Buy rep, he used the IMEI # of the unlocked Pre 2, rather than the MEID # from my original Pre, so I'm not even sure how the phone actually activated on Sprint.

I logged into my Palm profile online to double check the info, it has my phone listed as Sprint Palm Pre with Sprints MEID#, but the serial number of the unlocked Pre 2. Iím wondering if I should just log into my Sprint account online & try activating the phone using the MEID # from my Sprint Pre-.

Any thoughts about if that would fix the data problem on my phone?
    The problem that one has is the provisionor software is not present to configure the device, there is a leaked webOS 2.0.0 doctor for the sprint pre, which included one, but nobody has attempted to try it...
    I am on Verizon, so can't help there, but if you want to try that pm me we can attempt offline...