Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    In another thread there was a discussion about how quick office does not properly connect to dropbox, or any account for that matter. In research I discovered an alternative solution in a service called box.net. It works the same way as dropbox, but instead of 2.5GB of free storage, box.net gives you 5GB free. And there is a box.net app in the Hp app store so you have access to all your files. I simply signed up for the free account, installed the program on my computer, copied all my dropbox files to the new box.net folder and that was it. So now I get twice the storage I was getting before and an app that works on my Palm Pre 2.
    dont know if it still runs but originally any hp touchpad owner that aquired the box.net app through the app cat aquired 50gb of cloud storage.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    +! for Box and the paid App that goes with it.

I don't really use Quick Office though... I upgraded to Picsel Smart Office for the editing.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I prefer Picsel Smart Office also, but I can't find a way to link it to Box, I only see a DropBox link. Therefore I tend use Quick Office. Anyone else have this problem?
    The beauty of the open file system of the touchpad is that you don't need to link through any app.
    You can use the box app to find the file on your tablet and upload it.

This is why I like the TouchPad better than my very expensive iPad. I know where the files are and can use any number of ways to upload them to the servers I choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont know if it still runs but originally any hp touchpad owner that aquired the box.net app through the app cat aquired 50gb of cloud storage.
    Now that I think about it I don't think I ever did that on my fire sale touchpads last year... I should have 3 box accounts (well me 2 and the wife 1)....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Pretty much any way you sign up for a Box account gives 50gig now..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Thanks for the heads up
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Now that I think about it I don't think I ever did that on my fire sale touchpads last year... I should have 3 box accounts (well me 2 and the wife 1)....
    I want to help you...I want to preserve the equality of your relationship with your wife...give me one of your 2 box accounts so that you and your wife will have 1 apiece...you can thank me later...

Hey OldSkoolVWLover? It's later.

Hey eblade...can I get and use a dropbox account with my Pre2 and home computer for free or do I pay an annual fee? I guess I could google that...since I get more than 3 google results now, I think I'll give it a try!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Pretty much any way you sign up for a Box account gives 50gig now..
    Erm... me signing up from my computer gave me 5gb to start... then after you complete some tasks to show you've learned the system you get another 5gb for a total of 10gb...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I want to help you...I want to preserve the equality of your relationship with your wife...give me one of your 2 box accounts so that you and your wife will have 1 apiece...you can thank me later...

Hey OldSkoolVWLover? It's later.

Hey eblade...can I get and use a dropbox account with my Pre2 and home computer for free or do I pay an annual fee? I guess I could google that...since I get more than 3 google results now, I think I'll give it a try!
    Box is free to sign up as a private user. Business use is charged monthly.

It's the box.net client for webOS App that needs to be paid for and well worth the small price IMHO.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee