Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By dki378
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well those 2 months were amazing, but honestly...... I'm so cheesed!

I went swimming with my Pre2 in my swimming shorts (dumb) and I realized it at 5 minutes in the pool.... Right now I took the battery and sim apart and put it in a bag of rice. Anything else I should do to save it? D:
    Samsung Slyde/Rant -> BlackBerry Bold 9700 -> Palm Pre2

I love my Palm Pre2 )))
    I think u r screwed. 5 minutes totally submerged.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Try and get hold of a quantity of silica...

Best of luck.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I think u r screwed. 5 minutes totally submerged.

Sigh! I definitely DO NOT want to go back to my BlackBerry. And those touchstones I have installed will go to waste! oh no
    Samsung Slyde/Rant -> BlackBerry Bold 9700 -> Palm Pre2

I love my Palm Pre2 )))
    Wait, and start looking at eBay for replacement Pre 2's...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Give it a few days in a ziploc bag with some desiccant (rice may work, debated hotly on this forum, silica gel packs probably the best) and place it under a warm lamp. If you have an incandescent bulb lamp that has a bending gooseneck, that would be good. You want the phone to get nice and warm from the heat of the lamp. This will drive the moisture off better than just leaving it at ambient temperature. You don't want it to be hot, but pretty warm.

I didn't do this with my Pre's, but I had an LG VX 8300 (I think I'm remembering correctly) which was a pretty good phone. It popped off my belt holster (yeah...I was fast on the draw...but not fast enough to catch the phone) as I was tying up a boat on the dock. It sat in about 4 feet of murky water for an hour an a half. After dinner (hey, I knew that after a few seconds, 5 minutes isn't any different than a couple of hours), I pulled off my shirt and got in the lake. I found it, brought it home, did the rice in a bag trick with the heat from a lamp. About 3 days later, I put the battery back in and started it up...oh, I cleaned out some sand that had gotten in there too. It worked pretty well. The speaker was a little funky for a couple of days, but afterwards I never knew the difference.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

somline likes this.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Mine got submerged too and I brought it back to life. I put my phone in a bag of rice with the back cover, battery and phone all separated and tried turning it on after 2 days but only saw the palm logo (pre plus) for a few seconds and then it turned off. 3 days after I did the same and it lasted a little longer but it was still shutting down. So on day four, I took it out of the bag and left it in my car on a hot summer day to try to cook the remaining moisture off and that did the trick. Everything came back and I couldn't even tell the difference afterward. It can be done... don't lose hope.

Good luck!
    somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Wait, and start looking at eBay for replacement Pre 2's...

Also try Amazon, I got my replacement Verizon Pre2 for my replacement Sprint FrankenPre2 for $74! Thank also included a Touchstone! Keep looking, it's cheaper than a new phone!!!
    Well. . . Do we have an update?

If it offers any hope at all, a friend of mine had his iPhone in the passenger door cubbyhole, when this happened on Friday night on our way out camping. We didn't have bags of rice, bags of silica gel, just our good friend, the Sun. The phone works....and it was submerged for at least a full minute or more, by the time he realized where it was.

The moral of the story here is, 2 cars made it past this puddle, with no issues, while the 4x4 did not. IF you are the only 4x4, it is highly recommended that you're not the one that gets stuck! (Lucky 10 minutes later we got a tow)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel