1.    #1  
    When I had my Pre+, I had the 5x6 icons and the Glass theme.

I was looking in Preware and couldnt find either... is there a patch not in Preware that I can use?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    When I had my Pre+, I had the 5x6 icons and the Glass theme.

I was looking in Preware and couldnt find either... is there a patch not in Preware that I can use?
    I don't think there is such a patch. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think no one has come up with a way to have more than the standard 3 column icons. I really miss that too, but I do love so much more about the Pre2.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

3.    #3  
    Agreed. I DID realize that I could enable the Theme feed in Preware and found a Glass Launcher theme! Im halfway there!
    The webOS 1.x launcher was written in Mojo (i.e. web tech), and thus easily patchable. It's also why it was slow as balls.

Starting with webOS 2.x, the launcher was rewritten in native code so it could be faster, smoother, and more stable. The tradeoff is that it's much more difficult to patch. In fact, it's not possible to patch in the traditional sense, instead a modified build of the launcher has to be distributed, which isn't permissible given HP's ownership of the code.

In short, now that you're on webOS 2.x, you're not going to be modifying the launcher beyond what HP already allows.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #5  
    Much appreciated! At least now I know!