Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I purchased a used Pre 2 off eBay, and am ready to start the convert process, but managed to break the screen on the my donor Pre, which up until yesterday was my primary phone with all of my data on it. It is running 1.4.5.

As a result of the screen fracture, I can't run any of the FrankenPre steps that need to be run on the original phone (backing up, upgrading to 2.0, etc).

From my understanding, I HAVE TO upgrade it to 2.0 before I swap comm boards. Is this true? Is it even possible to do the FrankenPre process with a broken screen on the donor Pre?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Centuries View Post
    I purchased a used Pre 2 off eBay, and am ready to start the convert process, but managed to break the screen on the my donor Pre, which up until yesterday was my primary phone with all of my data on it. It is running 1.4.5.

As a result of the screen fracture, I can't run any of the FrankenPre steps that need to be run on the original phone (backing up, upgrading to 2.0, etc).

From my understanding, I HAVE TO upgrade it to 2.0 before I swap comm boards. Is this true? Is it even possible to do the FrankenPre process with a broken screen on the donor Pre?

Thanks
    You do not have to upgrade donor phone to 2.x. As for backups/contacts and the like - mine transferred, so you might not even lose them.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thank you for the response! I swapped the comm board, signed in, and everything came right up!

I wasn't able to save the PRL from my Pre- and put it on the Pre 2, but apparently it doesn't matter, because somehow, I have the latest PRL! Not sure how or why that happened. So far, seems great.