1.    #1  
    With Wi-fi enabled, the battery drains about 10% a hour just sitting idle. Wi-Fi signal is strong. I always thought the wi-fi was suppose to be fairly easy on the battery. My old Pre+ does not exhibit this behavior. Is this a known problem (is so, is there a software fix) or is my phone defective? I am running 2.1.0 on Verizon network. Thanks!
    That doesn't sound good.

My unlocked Pre2 has been in my pocket since about 9am, and I'm at 86% (it's also 1pm). This is from driving to work (WIFI at home and WIFI at the office) with less than 1/2 hour for the travel time.

I've had some days that the WIFI appears to be problematic and it does run my battery down a lot faster.

Main variants that will affect your battery are:

1) screen brightness, turn it as low as you can that's still comfortable for you.

2) email updating, set it to manual or for longer periods (every 10-30 minutes or longer, I've just set mine for 1 hour for all my accounts)

3) don't have GPS running all the time, or any other apps that needs to check itself online on a constant basis.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I already have those tips covered. Battery is fine as long as Wi-Fi is disabled.
    Try running this: JsTop

It will help analyze what's running and you may find a memory leak...

Check Govnah and make sure your CPU isn't getting pegged at a high rate. (Does your phone run hot?)

That's all I got at the moment.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I had the same problem. I took out all patches except "Big Yellow Numbers'. This seems to have solved the issue. None of the other patches were too important to me.
    Actually, ignore that last post because the battery drain is still going on!