Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex El Gator
  1.    #1  
    For those still looking for a good deal on a Verizon based Palm Pre2 check this out::

Daily Steals Today Last Call

Not the lowest I have seen, but still a pretty good buy for a replacement phone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I think that people needs to start forgetting on posting this phone deals, specially with the stupid announcements from the HP knuckleheads of scrapping off support of all the existing devices that supports WebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I think that people needs to start forgetting on posting this phone deals, specially with the stupid announcements from the HP knuckleheads of scrapping off support of all the existing devices that supports WebOS.
    But a BNIB Pre 2 still is serviceable and should have a decent lifespan like any other. Really nothing has changed to suddenly make a capable $70.00 smart phone a bad deal. Dollar per dollar it WILL kick *** over any alternative for a new phone at that price.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    But a BNIB Pre 2 still is serviceable and should have a decent lifespan like any other. Really nothing has changed to suddenly make a capable $70.00 smart phone a bad deal. Dollar per dollar it WILL kick *** over any alternative for a new phone at that price.
    What's up with the PalmPixi_User23 post? I was simply pointing out (like you were) that for $70.00, if you already have a webOS account and product, it is a great deal on a no contract basis for a 3g phone. Sorry if anyone else took offense to my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
    What's up with the PalmPixi_User23 post? I was simply pointing out (like you were) that for $70.00, if you already have a webOS account and product, it is a great deal on a no contract basis for a 3g phone. Sorry if anyone else took offense to my post.
    I think it's cool, Gator.

Many are just feeling kicked in the by the recent HP announcement that Open Source won't support legacy hardware. Many of these users have multiple bruises from years of being thrown down by the suits.

I'm still fresh and new and staying optimistic.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    You totally right, The Palm Pre 2 is still a great phone(it still hasn't lost its value as great smarphone device)....however seeing how things are going on the WebOS-Land with HP, might cause a lot of people to reconsider other options for cheap phones. I think that on its beginning it will magical, to hold a nice phone that multitask greatly until you begin(realizing) seeing the competition coming out with much better software updates and your phone still stuck in WebOS 2.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
    Your post its fine KWgator, there is no problems at all. Its nice that you decided to post this deal(specially) for those that might even want to own their first smartphone device and maybe think that for a $70 dollars is a nice ticket price. I'm just simply pointing out new things to those that might decide to further invest into this already sinking ship of WebOS that HP decided to crash into a iceberg and sunk to the bottom of the ocean with their announcements.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 08/01/2012 at 08:59 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  7.    #7  
    I think it's cool, Gator.

Many are just feeling kicked in the by the recent HP announcement that Open Source won't support legacy hardware. Many of these users have multiple bruises from years of being thrown down by the suits.

I'm still fresh and new and staying optimistic.

No worries. If one is going to fret over decisions that corporations make in the tech world, then they have way too much time on their hands (or else they need to get another hobby) because as fast as all of this changes, there is no ultimate solution. Just go with what you like to use and enjoy it for what it is.
    Sold out?
    I think we are in the same category of people who love their Blackberries, they don't care if they are using an out of date OS. If the device is serving its purposes for your needs that is all that matters, and with Preware and the Homebrew community they have sustained WebOS and hopefully will continue to do so. HP is trying to do what Google did with Android and wait around to see if they can get hardware vendors interested in their new OS. Good Luck HP (NOT!!)