1.    #1  
    I have decided to "un"Franken my Pre 2. (Selling the Pre 2; they don't need the Sprint board)

So here's my problem: I have two Verizon Pre 2 comm boards, since I Franken'ed both my Pre- and my wife's! I did not mark them or anything to tell which was which, since it never occurred to me that I might want to switch them back to the original state!

Does anyone have a clue as to how to tell them apart, or does it matter? Is each comm board linked to that phone only?

If I sell the Pre 2 with the wrong comm board, will the new owner be able to activate it?

Thanks -
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have decided to "un"Franken my Pre 2. (Selling the Pre 2; they don't need the Sprint board)

So here's my problem: I have two Verizon Pre 2 comm boards, since I Franken'ed both my Pre- and my wife's! I did not mark them or anything to tell which was which, since it never occurred to me that I might want to switch them back to the original state!

Does anyone have a clue as to how to tell them apart, or does it matter? Is each comm board linked to that phone only?

If I sell the Pre 2 with the wrong comm board, will the new owner be able to activate it?

Thanks -
    Each comm board has it's own meid, the back of the phone has it imprinted, put a comm board in a device, go into webOS (devmode) device info and look at the meid reported if both the phone and the comm board are same then it is correct, if not the swap again?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Each comm board has it's own meid, the back of the phone has it imprinted, put a comm board in a device, go into webOS (devmode) device info and look at the meid reported if both the phone and the comm board are same then it is correct, if not the swap again?
    Thanks - the first time I tried putting it back together it would make a 911 call, but was SEARCHING for service. I tried going a step further (activating Palm Profile), and it gave me an MEID error.

I switched boards and this time it didn't give me any errors. I didn't try calling 911 (don't want to make false calls!), but the VERIZON name is up on the top left. Pretty sure that that's a good sign!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Thanks - the first time I tried putting it back together it would make a 911 call, but was SEARCHING for service. I tried going a step further (activating Palm Profile), and it gave me an MEID error.

I switched boards and this time it didn't give me any errors. I didn't try calling 911 (don't want to make false calls!), but the VERIZON name is up on the top left. Pretty sure that that's a good sign!
    again the only way to know 100% is to validate device info and phone sticker match.