1.    #1  
    Ever since I OTA updated my FrankenPre 2 to 2.2.4, my Sprint Nav app has disappeared. I didnít realize it at first, since I rarely use it, but now that I need it, itís really frustrating not having it. I have been trying to re-install it via the this method:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I was able to get this working by using quick install and the linux command line without much effort; if someone would like the sprintnav file then feel free to contact me. I will put details below:

-You will need an older veresion of webOS QuickInstall, which you can get HERE

1. Download SprintNav file HERE

2. Put your phone in Dev Mode, open up quick install, and send file to /media/internal

3. Open up the linux command and type the following command:

ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

4. Restart your phone. It should be there and working!

It was how I originally installed it, but now I keep getting error messages, & failed instalations. I currently have the app icon on my phone, but when I launch it, this is all I get, and the app never loads.

Anybody know how I can fix this?
    If I canít fix it, I will probably doctor it & try re-installing it, but Iíd rather not have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Ever since I OTA updated my FrankenPre 2 to 2.2.4, my Sprint Nav app has disappeared. I didn’t realize it at first, since I rarely use it, but now that I need it, it’s really frustrating not having it. I have been trying to re-install it via the this method:

It was how I originally installed it, but now I keep getting error messages, & failed instalations. I currently have the app icon on my phone, but when I launch it, this is all I get, and the app never loads.

Anybody know how I can fix this?
    If I can’t fix it, I will probably doctor it & try re-installing it, but I’d rather not have to do that.

Click to view quoted image
    i just installed sprint nav for the first time since i got my franken pre2 up and running, because i read your question here.

i followed the instructions in the grey box. i used the latest WOQI, put it in dev mode using just ##DEVMODE#, downloaded the file and installed it; used the command line (making sure i paste it into a notebook text doc first, so i can see the spaces are right around slashes and hyphens) and then rebooted. took it OUT OF devmode using same ## command, did a GPS check using ##GPS# to confirm my GPS radio was getting coords, and then switched my Location Services setting to "auto use GPS" so it didn't get hung up on the permission dialog when i opened the navi.

i opened the navi, and it booted up and worked EXACTLY like it did on my pre-.

so try it again. i'm running OTA 2.2.4 on VZN Pre2, franked to Sprint.

good luck. and thanx for the navi! i needed it~!

MODS OR PRE2 FANS WITH FREE TIME: this is one of the things that should be on that thread of how to get the most of your Pre2 on Sprint. I didn't know i could restore my navi until i saw this thread asking for help to do it. a sticky thread listing all the how-to's (with latest info) would be awesome so we can go one at a time and bring our Pre2 up to max performance and efficiency. hopefully this is underway somewhere and i dont know yet.
    Last edited by TJs4thPre; 07/25/2012 at 04:28 PM.
    -----MODS OR PRE2 FANS WITH FREE TIME: this is one of the things that should be on that thread of how to get the most of your Pre2 on Sprint. I didn't know i could restore my navi until i saw this thread asking for help to do it. a sticky thread listing all the how-to's (with latest info) would be awesome so we can go one at a time and bring our Pre2 up to max performance and efficiency. hopefully this is underway somewhere and i dont know yet.-----

I concur...on all fronts. In fact, as someone who just placed an order for VZN Pre 2...I am going yo need all the help I can get in the necessary hardware and software steps necessary to transform my 3yr old Sprint Pre- into a Pre 2 that will also run on Sprint.

So the quoted comment above seems on point to me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs4thPre View Post
    i just installed sprint nav for the first time since i got my franken pre2 up and running, because i read your question here....

...i opened the navi, and it booted up and worked EXACTLY like it did on my pre-.

so try it again. i'm running OTA 2.2.4 on VZN Pre2, franked to Sprint.

good luck. and thanx for the navi! i needed it~!

MODS OR PRE2 FANS WITH FREE TIME: this is one of the things that should be on that thread of how to get the most of your Pre2 on Sprint. I didn't know i could restore my navi until i saw this thread asking for help to do it. a sticky thread listing all the how-to's (with latest info) would be awesome so we can go one at a time and bring our Pre2 up to max performance and efficiency. hopefully this is underway somewhere and i dont know yet.
    Thanks. I'm glad you've got Nav working.

I've been trying to it to work for the past few days, with no luck. I also tried to do it via Novaterm as outlind in the first post of the following thread:
    Anyone get Sprint Nav working on 2.1.0?

That didn't work either, so I ended up doctoring it, and doing it via WOQI and that worked. For some reason, my OTA update to 2.2.4 messed up Sprint Nav for me. Doctoring seems to have fixed it though, so I'm good now.

As for a how to section, it sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if it will be done though. I guess in the meantime all we can do is browse the subforum for whatever device we specifically need help with.

P.S. - As long as you have the ipk file, the same method used to get Sprint Nav on the FrankenPre will also work for other apps like the Amazon MP3 app, and other Sprint apps.
    except Sprint TV. I have not been able to get it to work with 2.2.4. Some people say it worked with 2.1.0 I think. I have not tried going to 2.1.0 to check this out. Program loads ok, just will not show video or have audio.
    Awesome! I never knew how to put it on my Frankenpre2 but it felt like such a chore trying to find that right info. You guys just did all that! Thanks.
    I need a working download link for the <<staff edit>> com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk all other download links route back to Mediafire which removed the file. HELP!!!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/19/2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: requesting links to warez files is against our rules