Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hotlynx69 View Post
    So in other words, both settings should work, I wasn't having problems using either one actually, but I did notice that there was a change in how reliable and fast my data connection was with the new setting.
    I set mine to mms2.tracfone.com yesterday, and today it stopped working. I put the phone in airplane mode and then took it out again, and voila, it works. This is getting annoying. This is my first month with Straight Talk, actually, just into my second week, and this is not a good sign.
    My problems went on for a couple (maybe 3?) weeks... Now they seem to have cleared.

I'm positive it is due to updates to ST's system software at the tower and local equipment levels.

I was about ready to jump ship... Now all seems fine. It is renewal time. I have a bit of faith as all was working groovy prior and I firmly believe it will again. I just renewed for 3 months.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    My problems went on for a couple (maybe 3?) weeks... Now they seem to have cleared.

I'm positive it is due to updates to ST's system software at the tower and local equipment levels.

I was about ready to jump ship... Now all seems fine. It is renewal time. I have a bit of faith as all was working groovy prior and I firmly believe it will again. I just renewed for 3 months.
    Well, I have spoken to Straight Talk 3 times, they insist nothing is wrong at their end, and I am continuing to have problems (unless of course I periodically remove the sim). I am going to send one last email to them detailing what we have tried and see how that goes. Unfortunately, they say they have no manual for a Pre 3, which I totally believe.
  4.    #44  
    I'm glad to say I didn't have any issues (knock on wood) it must have been selected areas
    I am still having problems. This time the connection held for 2 days and then dropped. To get it back I simply put the device in airplane mode and restarted. That has held for about 5 hours. Is anyone else still having problems?
    I'm out of the testing loop as I have to put my phone in Airplane each day for work and then exit Airplane mode after... Today makes ten straight days working. I have the next two off...

We'll see what happens when I stop forcing the reconnect with ST every day.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I'm out of the testing loop as I have to put my phone in Airplane each day for work and then exit Airplane mode after... Today makes ten straight days working. I have the next two off...

We'll see what happens when I stop forcing the reconnect with ST every day.
    Normally at home I switch to wifi then back off in the morning. Last night I turned off wifi before going to bed. This morning data was ok. Could try both ways again. The problem with wifi on the pre3 is that it shuts off when the phone sleeps. So much for getting any Nagios email alerts on my phone overnight. Grrr. I'm unimpressed with WebOS 2.0's regression, and the additional problems with the Pre3.
    : (){:|:&};:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123