Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    I uploaded it to preware but I guess it hasn't been approved yet. If you don't want to wait you can get it from the patches section on the forum.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    [PATCH] Straight Talk Carrier String

Download the file and apply it with WOSQI. (Use the large red + symbol on the right side of WOSQI to open the browse function and navigate to the file location on your computer. Then after it is in the WOSQI window press Install.)
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  2.    #22  
    Awesome!! Thanks
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I figured I'd post this here. If you've noticed you don't have working data any longer, here's the fix. I noticed it today & saw several posts on the net.

Change your mms proxy to mms2.tracphone.com. Reboot your phone. It worked for me.

Hope that helps.

Steve
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Thanks for this. I've been tweetering about this for a while, trying to find an answer. My data went dead a couple nights ago .. however, it was good for helping me locate some potential bugs in SynerGV! Things that were quite difficult to replicate reliably on a TouchPad. So, some good came out of it.

I finally called customer service last night, and received "Hold time is approximately between 1 hour 45 minutes and 3 hours 45 minutes" .. i was like.. what. the .fark.

er... mms proxy? don't you mean the internet apn? *wonders what mms proxy has to do with it* my current mms proxy is wireless.cingular.com:80 .. will try it, though.

* edit: nope, changing that and rebooting completely nuked my APN and MMS settings.

Further edit:

Following the instructions here http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone .. except using "600" for the max MMS size .. got my data working again. I still need to test MMS somehow or other.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/17/2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Thanks for this. I've been tweetering about this for a while, trying to find an answer. My data went dead a couple nights ago .. however, it was good for helping me locate some potential bugs in SynerGV! Things that were quite difficult to replicate reliably on a TouchPad. So, some good came out of it.

I finally called customer service last night, and received "Hold time is approximately between 1 hour 45 minutes and 3 hours 45 minutes" .. i was like.. what. the .fark.

er... mms proxy? don't you mean the internet apn? *wonders what mms proxy has to do with it* my current mms proxy is wireless.cingular.com:80 .. will try it, though.

* edit: nope, changing that and rebooting completely nuked my APN and MMS settings.

Further edit:

Following the instructions here http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone .. except using "600" for the max MMS size .. got my data working again. I still need to test MMS somehow or other.
    See my other post. That was the only change I made & had everything working again. Hit me up on gtalk/my gvoice # if you need to test mms/texting. :-) Same nick. Take care.

Steve
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    See my other post. That was the only change I made & had everything working again. Hit me up on gtalk/my gvoice # if you need to test mms/texting. :-) Same nick. Take care.

Steve
    I have straight Talk and here are my mms settings:

MMSC: http//mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80
    Max size: 600

This has worked for me.

Steve
    OK... I've just been playing with it a short while, but I'm going to say it is working for me...

change MMS Proxy ONLY to mms2.tracfone.com:80, power down phone, remove SIM, wait a few minutes, replace SIM, power on phone... Just like the OP said on the other forum kb7sqi referenced.

My slow data seems to be better. Apps using the internet are loading faster, web pages too. MMS definitely works send and receive. Google maps loaded fast, Accuweather, Group[on, Gas Buddy, this site and some other websites from my bookmarks.

It passes the quick test.

Thanks again to kb7sqi for bringing us this info.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #28  
    I just changed my setting and notice a difference with my 3g connection, websites are not timing out anymore.
    I said this on another thread, but I'm offline again today.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Jury's still out because I work in a place with bad reception to begin with, but the MMS change coupled with the SIM pull seems to work. We will see tomorrow morning when I flip from WiFi to GSM Data leaving the house from work, where I have been seeing the problem the past week and assuming it was something wrong with my poor phone!

Thanks for all of the good info and research into this everyone!
    : (){:|:&};:
    I figured I'd post this here. If you've noticed you don't have working data any longer, here's the fix. I noticed it today & saw several posts on the net.

Change your mms proxy to mms2.tracphone.com. Reboot your phone. It worked for me.

Hope that helps.

Steve
    just used kb7sqi data fix......worked great. So strange that an MMS setting affected the data....MMS worked all along???
    I've noticed that just re-setting the MMS settings page (ie, load it, hit "Change Settings" then "Setup Anyway") forces a reconnection, and then data works for hours or days, then goes out randomly again.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I went back to the standard (old) MMS settings after my data went out again. That was last week.

I had a data outage for days and started shopping plans with AT&T. Man is that an expensive option.

Anywho... just when I was set to pull the trigger my data came back with ST and it has been on for two days now. I'm waiting to see if it goes out again.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  14.    #34  
    Wonder what the problem is at Straight Talk. I personally haven't had any issues in my area so I would assume they are having random outages in certain areas. When I had virgin mobile that would happen when a new popular phone would come out, the network couldn't handle the high demand.
    Voice is out for me right now, although data is working.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Reports through another forum are that they are rolling out internal updates to their equipment...

@eblade: did you try the power down, pull SIM, wait a few minutes, insert SIM and boot up trick?

Loss of voice service is a new issue I've not noticed or heard of from others.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    It's working fine today. I was without voice service for about 2 hours yesterday, at least that I know of, because I was unable to receive a call, and then I tried several times to make outgoing, and just got nothing..
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    The new MMS setting broke MMS for me.

I can get the data problem, without fail, every single morning. It happens when I turn off wifi, but data is still up (mms doesn't work if you disable data, even with wifi).

So,
    If I am on wifi, then turn it off ... no friggin' data.
    I have to shut down the phone radio for a few seconds, then turn it back on, then I (usually) have data for the rest of the day.

Palm pre routing issue? I should run a sniffer and see what's going on. On my first pre- I noticed the idiocy of continuing to use the phone radio for DNS even though you were on Wifi. Who knows what other stupid crap is going on that needs to be fixed. Dammit.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Guys, do you realize that the names "mms2.tracfone.com" and "wireless.cingular.com" both refer to the same IP address, 66.209.11.32 ?
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Guys, do you realize that the names "mms2.tracfone.com" and "wireless.cingular.com" both refer to the same IP address, 66.209.11.32 ?
    So in other words, both settings should work, I wasn't having problems using either one actually, but I did notice that there was a change in how reliable and fast my data connection was with the new setting.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast