1.    #1  
    Hello -

Have been on here for a long time, just not a poster obviously.

I just got one of the cheap Verizon pre 2's off amazon. Will get on Friday.

I am currently using a sprint pre- that now has a busted power button (at best its that problem where it doesn't click anymore).

I have watched the videos and followed rod's pictorial. However, I think I trust somebody else more than me.

I am in Iowa. Anybody still doing frankenpre services (for a fee of course) still? Anyone close to Iowa? Des Moines specifically.

Thanks,

John
    John,

I felt I needed to reply, maybe because or names are the same?

The procedure is not that hard, can seem like it but the biggest thing is patients...

Make a video or document what you are doing, if you get stuck, post the video or documents.

I have done a lot of these (PrePlus and Pre2) for people on Sprint. I am not in Iowa so can't help there.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the encouragement John. You are right, the hardware swap out is super easy. I actually had to go back and swap back into my pre - because I forgot to save my contacts outside of my profile. I have the swap out down to about a 2 minute process right now.

However, I am just starting the software stuff. And that sir, is intimidating. Just going to take it real slow