1.    #1  
    Subject says it all - $69.99 (free shipping) at Amazon for Verizon Pre2.

Just ordered one as backup
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I just ordered one for nostalgic purposes and will probably activate it for a few days. There are so many things about WebOS that I prefer over Android, but I'm sure, at the end of the day, the lack of apps will cause me to switch back to my Nexus.

What an awesome opportunity to get solid back-up phone, though. I bought my original Pre+ for full retail ($600+) when it originally came out and went through about 4 or 5 warranty exchanges trying to get the keyboard and slider issues worked out. I can't wait to receive the Pre2 and see if it lives up to my original expectations of the device.
    sweet...snapped one up
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Not seeing it. Any link available or help with search terms?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ah. No space between the "Pre" and the "2".
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    In case anyone else needs it:

Palm Pre 2 | Amazon | $69.99

EDIT: Looks like the price was bumped up $10.
    Do we know if this is unlocked, or will it burn an upgrade credit with the carrier?
    There is no such thing as an unlocked Verizon phone as they are the only carrier in the us that uses cdma nationally on the 800mhz band

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    nice deal, but I prefer my Pre+ on Verizon that comes with free mobile hotspot for life... Those I can get NIB on ebay for $59.98...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdunnough View Post
    Do we know if this is unlocked, or will it burn an upgrade credit with the carrier?
    It will not "burn an upgrade" as Verizon isn't subsidizing the cost of the device. You are providing the equipment yourself, so no upgrade or contract extension is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    nice deal, but I prefer my Pre+ on Verizon that comes with free mobile hotspot for life... Those I can get NIB on ebay for $59.98...
    Have you considered freeTether? I'm using it now...I need to become more aware of it's features I think, but it does allow more devices to be connected than MHS (5 device max). The default is 15 on freeTether. Of course, dividing up a 3G based wifi signal is not too peppy...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I still have MyTether left over from my Pre- days. I keep it around because it supports usb tethering, battery lasts longer, phone runs cooler...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Have you considered freeTether? I'm using it now...I need to become more aware of it's features I think, but it does allow more devices to be connected than MHS (5 device max). The default is 15 on freeTether. Of course, dividing up a 3G based wifi signal is not too peppy...
    I still have MyTether left over from my Pre- days. I keep it around because it supports usb tethering, battery lasts longer, phone runs cooler...
    I wouldn't divide a 4G connection over WiFi. I think the default # of 15 connections in freeTether is way too optimistic.

freeTether also supports USB tethering. Having read the threads I see that it is a well kept secret of just how to get it to work though... I've no idea why so many are tight-lipped about it. I stumbled onto the method purely by accident when unlocking my Veer. Using Dogbert's Method an initial step is to generate a USB Passthrough code for your device. Once the USB Pass is enabled you can USB tether...

Now I wonder if the USB insiders will come after me for spilling the secret out in the open like this.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Amazon price now up to $80. Still a good opportunity, in my view, but not as good as before...
    Somebody can buy and foward to me?

The Amazon don't send to Brazil!

Best Regards...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Somebody can buy and foward to me?

The Amazon don't send to Brazil!

Best Regards...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    CDMA?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thanks OP. Picked one of these up to replace an aging Pre+. Looking to preserve as much as I can on my older devise. How do I use stopdevicewipe on a 1.4.5 device. I see the instructions on the wiki "rm -f /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmAccountDatabase.db3" but am unsure how/where to run that command.

Thanks
    You have to work with Novaterm on your PC or Linux box to work directly with your Pre+. You can initiate the Novaterm thru WOSQI. Once you are connected to your Pre+ thru Novaterm, you execute the command 'rm .....' to delete your account-database.

Good Luck.
    decided to give up the free verizon hotspot with my pre+ and jumped on the amazon pre2 bandwagon...
    arrived last night, doctored to 2.2.4 this morning, loading 10GB worth of music now... We'll see how it goes.

Doctored my pre+ to no activation and wifi only so I can use it as a PDA if I want to...

later...
    decided to give up the free verizon hotspot with my pre+ and jumped on the amazon pre2 bandwagon...
    arrived last night, doctored to 2.2.4 this morning, loading 10GB worth of music now... We'll see how it goes.

Doctored my pre+ to no activation and wifi only so I can use it as a PDA if I want to...

later...
    Try freeTether to replace the Mobile Hotspot...I've been using it and it seems to usually work pretty well. I would like to keep my Pre+ as a wifi/PDA/micro-tablet too. That's right, I called it a micro tablet! But I've not looked into how to do that. So you Doctor the old pre+ (I've never doctored anything webOS to date...but can put on bandaids!) and in that process there are options such as "No Activation" and "WIFI ONLY" to select in that process?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!