Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
  1.    #1  
    I have two verizon phones that I am doing some tests with. One I use the VZW phone switch tool on the web site, it puts the phone that I just switch to into a 'first use state. I then log into my Palm profile and sync with my profile and enter or my account passwords.

What I really want is an easy way to swtich devices wihtou having to go through the whole first use set up every time. In other words, phone a is all set up and I am currently using phone B. I want to go back to phone A without starting a full sync,

Hope this makes sense and hope someone has an easy solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have two verizon phones that I am doing some tests with. One I use the VZW phone switch tool on the web site, it puts the phone that I just switch to into a 'first use state. I then log into my Palm profile and sync with my profile and enter or my account passwords.

What I really want is an easy way to swtich devices wihtou having to go through the whole first use set up every time. In other words, phone a is all set up and I am currently using phone B. I want to go back to phone A without starting a full sync,

Hope this makes sense and hope someone has an easy solution.
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

only one phone can be on a profile at a time!

Easy way, use two different profiles and swap, using impostah.
  3.    #3  
    I am OK with one device being on the profile at one time. I just want to make it easier when or if I switch between devices without having to download and restore when I log in to the profile. What I did was put the 'old' deviuce in Airplane mode, then activiated the new device. ideally I would like to put the 'new device' in airplane mode and go back to the 'old' device and not have to download and restore when i sign in to Palm Profile.....just pick up where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

only one phone can be on a profile at a time!

Easy way, use two different profiles and swap, using impostah.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I am OK with one device being on the profile at one time. I just want to make it easier when or if I switch between devices without having to download and restore when I log in to the profile. What I did was put the 'old' deviuce in Airplane mode, then activiated the new device. ideally I would like to put the 'new device' in airplane mode and go back to the 'old' device and not have to download and restore when i sign in to Palm Profile.....just pick up where I left off.
    Again, use impostah, for that sign out of your profile, DO NOT REBOOT, do this on both devices, now use activation to log on to the swapped profiles.

Works well, you can then download any apps (paid) on two or more devices...

As long as you do not reboot during the profile swap all data will remain.

FYI Airplane mode does not solve the data wipe issue, as the moment the device hits a network, it would be wiped.
    vgg likes this.