Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  1.    #1  
    Hi there I have a Palm Pre 2 runing on 2.2.4 and I love it, but I would like to solve these 2 problems
    1. you know when you write an SMS how there is a letter count so you can see when you have written 1 or 2 or 3 SMS-es depending on how many letters(symbols) you`ve used...how can you have that on the pre? is there some kind of patch?

2. The PDF reader is a little buggy...it freezes a lot when i try to go on the next page and there is the endless rotating symbol...
    and also can the page go to landscape mode?

Thank you!
    1. there might be a patch, but im not sure

2. the stock PDF reader is terribad. No landscape either. I use Adobe Reader (its for the touchpad, but works for the pre, thanks to enyo. it requires preware + app tuckerbox)

also, picsel smart office can view PDFs rather decently too
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    krassennikolov likes this.
    The "Character Counter" patch sounds like it would fit your needs, and is available on Preware or WebOS Quick Install
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by immovablesoup View Post
    The "Character Counter" patch sounds like it would fit your needs, and is available on Preware or WebOS Quick Install
    it does not work for me...I don`t know why but it is not working...when I start writing a message there is a circle(a spot) over the first letter and it stays there without counting
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post

2. the stock PDF reader is terribad. No landscape either. I use Adobe Reader (its for the touchpad, but works for the pre, thanks to enyo. it requires preware + app tuckerbox)

also, picsel smart office can view PDFs rather decently too
    I installed the Picsel Smart Office - it really works well!