Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm not familiar with prepaid/no contract plans. Can the Verizon Pre2 be activated on a prepaid/no contract plan? If so, which prepaid/no contract companies use Verizon towers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmueske View Post
    I'm not familiar with prepaid/no contract plans. Can the Verizon Pre2 be activated on a prepaid/no contract plan? If so, which prepaid/no contract companies use Verizon towers?
    Yes - you can use pre2 vzw phone on prepaid plan. I use pageplus cellular for my prepaid service. I worked thru Kitty wireless for activation, port in and end swap. It costs $0.99 to $4.99 (from ebay).

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmueske View Post
    Definitely Page Plus is much cheaper than using Verizon straight up but some suggestions from someone with experience with both companies and a couple of their subsidiaries:

1) Page Plus, like probably all phone companies in history and certainly like all the cut-rate cell phone service providers, is not known for it's amazing customer service. They don't treat you like you're a god-king because you're dropping a whole $30 or even $50 a month with them. You can expect to wait for Customer Service and you could be connected to someone who doesn't seem to know their own company's products or even the English language. That's pretty much the story no matter where you go. On the other hand, this company does offer damn good cell phone service. They resell Verizon's network and the quality seems to be identical to the "brand name," they also let you bring your own phone, which is good because I don't think they sell more than two phones themselves.

In this case "you get what you pay for" is not a bitter warning, it's a way of saying "bargain" and you get everything you paid for. It's a bargain, though, not a winning sweepstakes ticket.

2) If you go with Page Plus, DON'T do it through Kitty Wireless although you might be tempted because it appears they offer the missing customer service mentioned above. Yes, they certainly seem almost preternaturally helpful but it is a pretense that will break down when you need it most. They have an intrusive "application" process, charge fees for things nobody else charges fees for (for example Page Plus activation is free, Kitty charges $10), have a strict no refunds policy on things like activation or "other services" and when they do, say, overcharge you, they don't exactly bust their *** to either inform you of their oversight or to refund your money. While Page Plus, the company, can refund your money within less than a minute, Kitty Wireless won't credit the card they just debited for a week or longer ... but keep their for this "service" The refund clock doesn't start until you discover the mistake and notify them about it — in writing (it must be in writing) at which point they send an e-mail telling you to wait 4-5 business days or longer to credit your account and not to blame them because it's not their fault. They don't say whose fault it is, but it's not theirs.

It can be an infuriating and expensive way to save aggravation and money. Kitty Wireless might be small, but they shaft you with all the vigor of a full-sized corporation!.

3) Then there's good old Verizon. In the end, it's the Verizon network everybody wants, we just want it cheaper. Cheaper's got trade-offs as you can see. I'm getting ready to sign up another time with either Page Plus or Verion and I'm giving serious thought to just paying the extra bucks to the company in exchange for knowing the premium price I pay (prepaid) is the end of it and there's real-live customer service around the clock.

Just so happens I've spent the past 2-3 weeks sloshing around in this topic and those are my observations. I hope they're of some use to you.