Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bullonparade85#IM
  1.    #1  
    So I got a pre 2 from the dailysteals.com website. Wasn't too sure if I was gonna be satisfied with it. Got it yesterday activated it loaded up my palm profile, all I gotta say is wow!! So much smoother, better camera, better keyboard, definitely what the pre plus should have been. I got rid of my pre plus over a year ago I've had two android phones and a iphone 4s since then. Only thing I miss is instagram so far. Now all I need to do is load up preware and overclock and patch this thing!!!!
    DataJog likes this.
    I never over clocked my Pre2. Nice phone, enjoy.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    yeah it really doesn't need it, its plenty fast. Just wanna see how fast I can get it to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Only thing I miss is instagram so far. Now all I need to do is load up preware and overclock and patch this thing!!!!
    I don't use it, but there is an instagram view for webOS app in the HP App catalog. There is a lite version for free, and a $1 version for...well...$1. I don't know if this helps or not.

I got mine from Daily Steals and really like it too. I have overclocked it...but it was already fast enough. I"m wondering if Govnah might just be a good way to manage the processor to improve battery life. If so, I'm wondering what is the best Profile to select. Mine is set on Screenstate3 1200. Maybe there are more efficient ones that won't really seem that much slower?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Wow. Seems to be a resurgence of the pre2 round here
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Wow. Seems to be a resurgence of the pre2 round here
    It's that sub $100 deal on new Verizon Pre 2's that did it. I guess a lot of CDMA folk got cut short on supply before and now the stockpile is emerging on deal sites.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    My Pre2 from eBay arrived yesterday!

I'll be going to straight talk once the sim card comes in. This Nexus S 4G should sell for more than what I paid for the Pre2 so that's a plus.

It's definitely much smaller than the nexus though.. need to make the adjustment.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Got my daily Steals VZW Pre 2 a few days back. I must say, that it was worth the upgrade for the keyboard alone. Even though my Pre+ was running 2.1.0 and was overclocked to 1ghz, the Pre 2 is just plain smoother. The 3 vs 5 minute boot time is also a plus.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    So I got a pre 2 from the dailysteals.com website. Wasn't too sure if I was gonna be satisfied with it. Got it yesterday activated it loaded up my palm profile, all I gotta say is wow!! So much smoother, better camera, better keyboard, definitely what the pre plus should have been.
    I heard of everyone talking about the camera which bumped up from the Pre Plus 3.2 megapixels to a 5 megapixel camera. However, while we get a richer details in the photograph with the camera yet I find sometimes the results not that great forcing me to re-touch them on my computer. And still is not believable that WebOS haven't made improvements within the OS to provide better picture quality with the device camera. I was wishing for something like HDR effects, Grids like Apple camera app and a bit of basic editing tools.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Greater Megapixels does not make the picture better... it only makes it bigger. Its the camera quality (lense, hardware, etc) that make the real difference. I own a Sony CD Mavica 5MP camera that will run circles around my 12MP Canon.