Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By upsidedown
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I made the jump to a Sprint Frankenpre about a year and half ago. Took the Comm Board from my old Pre- and just swapped it to a Verizon Pre 2. Everythings been working fine except for one thing. My Back Up Utility fails halfway through the process everytime I attempt to do a manual back up. Anyone can give me an suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks to the best community out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyrepn1124 View Post
    Hey everyone. I made the jump to a Sprint Frankenpre about a year and half ago. Took the Comm Board from my old Pre- and just swapped it to a Verizon Pre 2. Everythings been working fine except for one thing. My Back Up Utility fails halfway through the process everytime I attempt to do a manual back up. Anyone can give me an suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks to the best community out there.
    Isn't your device a Sprint Franken Pre2?
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Isn't your device a Sprint Franken Pre2?
    I had a pre- then purchased a verizon pre 2 on ebay. I then transplanted the comms board from the old pre- into the verizon pre 2. So yes I guess it is technically a Sprint Frankenpre since it was an original verizon pre 2 and now runs on the Sprint network.
  4.    #4  
    Im also using the vanilla 2.1 doctor for Verizon Pre 2 directly from HP
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyrepn1124 View Post
    I had a pre- then purchased a verizon pre 2 on ebay. I then transplanted the comms board from the old pre- into the verizon pre 2. So yes I guess it is technically a Sprint Frankenpre since it was an original verizon pre 2 and now runs on the Sprint network.
    I don't know much about the Dr.s (beyond the fact that I follow the steps blindly), but I am surprised it worked and got you onto the Sprint network as the device is a Verizon Device with a Sprint Comm Board. Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I too have a Verizon Pre 2 running on the Sprint network, and I can report that my backup seems to be working just fine. I am using HP webOS 2.2.4 however.