Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    Help! The scripts aren't working!!! The hardware part is easy, but now the software part isn't working! I took the modem out of my old Sprint Franken Pre2 to put to create a new Sprint Franken Pre2 (I can do that in my sleep now) but the scripts aren't working!

Anybody else have a suggestion about what I should do next? Are the websites down?
    HP/Palm changed the URL's of the doctor locations Rod updated all the scripts as part of the meta doctor application, do a git pull to refresh your scripts from github.
    Ahh, I did a reboot and the script started working, but it kept getting a unzip error. So I manually copied the doctors, reran the script and voila! My Sprint Franken Pre2 replacement is now in the process of downloading my profile. It seems like everything is working so far.

Now to get Sprint Navigation working again. I remembered using an older version of WSQI for it work install properly. An invaluable program that's included in my monthly price! Beat that Verizon and AT&T!

Thanks again.
    I am having an issue getting the doctor to run properly. It extracts, everything looks fine, but it gets to 8% and the terminal says "INFO: WARNING: carrierList on the webOS Dr is : verizon and carrierToken on the device is : row." Does anyone have any idea what this means or how to fix it?
    Strike my question. Once I learned that row meant rest of world and not that the row was empty as I originally suspected, I realized I must have had a GSM phone to start with and not a Verizon as I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    HP/Palm changed the URL's of the doctor locations Rod updated all the scripts as part of the meta doctor application, do a git pull to refresh your scripts from github.
    So are the guides and links updated?

I'm ready to take the plunge on making a Sprint FrankenPre2.

Sorry for the noobishness, but I'm a huge webOS fan and have to keep my Sprint SERO 500 Unlimited plan i refuse to pay for the premium data charge in a location with no 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Ponce_de_Leon View Post
    So are the guides and links updated?

I'm ready to take the plunge on making a Sprint FrankenPre2.

Sorry for the noobishness, but I'm a huge webOS fan and have to keep my Sprint SERO 500 Unlimited plan i refuse to pay for the premium data charge in a location with no 4G
    I have not tested all of the scripts in the meta doctor, but all the links were updated.
    OK. I've ben a Palm user for years, but I'm really not any good at tinkering. I currently have a Pre on Verizon(16GB, Webos V1.45) But I used to be on Sprint. In fact my wife still has a line on Sprint.

How can I get a Palm Pre2, a FrankenPre2? Is there anywhere I can continue to keep Palm alive? But I need to buy a Palm phone, because as I said, I'm not an engineer, or a tinkerer.
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeenuf4u View Post
    I currently have a Pre on Verizon(16GB, Webos V1.45)
    I think you can just buy a Verizon Pre2 for $70 off amazon and switch it for your current Pre on Verizon.

The whole tinkering thing is only required to get a Pre2 on Sprint because Pre2s were never made for Sprint. The Pre2s I used for my wife's and my FrankenPre2s were Verizon Pre2s off Amazon.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Well, I think I'm officially f***ed. I was trying to remove the comm board from the Verizon Pre2 device, and tore the ribbon cable that connects to the volume rocker.

Now what do I do? Any ideas here? Or do I basically have a useless Pre2 that I can't Sprint-ify?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12