Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Is there anyone in southeast MN who would transplant my Sprint Pre- radio into my new VZW Pre2? I would love to have a Pre2 working on my Sprint number. I'm likely technically capable of this myself, but don't have the time or patience to pull it off.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Anyone in the Minneapolis area who would perform the FrankenPre2 surgery? This number is my only cell number....so I can't be without a phone for the several days it would take to ship it for surgery. However I'm so excited for the Pre2 I just might find someone I can ship it to....

What's the going rate for this operation?
    If you can't get someone locally to do the frankenpre surgery, then just use the webos world program. Get you one of those trac phone or something like that and forward your sprint number.

It will be over before you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    If you can't get someone locally to do the frankenpre surgery, then just use the webos world program. Get you one of those trac phone or something like that and forward your sprint number.

It will be over before you know it.
    I did this the other day. Was not that bad. I looked at the instructions for additional ideas. Be careful and do the 90 degree swivel at the volume, plugging in the two wires... not sure if they GPS or what, but that's a little difficult. You definately need to get the T5 torx. My pre2 on sprint is working perfectly except for one problem. I can't send or receive texts. If anyone has any ideas about that, Id appreciate hearing about it. Thanks. Doug
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I might be willing to help you out... I am in the NW burbs. I've done 6 and they all work fine. My only hesitation is that I would not want to be responsible for after care. There are some issues you need to be aware of and I am swamped with work and fam stuff and will not have time to do the after care if you have an issue with something. I would much rather you try it yourself and see how it goes and I could help you if you have problems. The only thing you have to watch out for is to not break the volume ribbon and that it takes some finesse to get the middle slice to lock into place. The directions are awesome.
    Can't send or receive texts is not normal. I would say doctor the phone, but you may wanna do a search to see if anyone else had that problem
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphiDoug View Post
    pre2 on sprint is working perfectly except for one problem. I can't send or receive texts. If anyone has any ideas about that, Id appreciate hearing about it. Thanks. Doug
    I had that happen too. I tried the VZW Doctor shortcut instead of building a custom metadoctor but I activated the phone before running the doctor because I was tired and misread the instructions.

So when I had the franken using the as-shipped 2.01 Verizon WebOS, I could make calls, get online, use 3G, etc BUT every time I did anything that used the cell system's data channel (SMS, voicemail notice, call end) I got errors, bogus notifications, or garbage. I believe that is due to the carrier tokens not migrating correctly.

Once I ran the 2.1 Vzw doctor everything was fine.

Important tip: when you have a working Pre, you have to reboot it while holding the Volume Up button to put it in USB recovery mode. I misread the instructions and only put the phone in normal USB drive mode so the Doctor would never run.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what would happen if you swapped the comm boards on two FrankenPre2s? I'm thinking about asking to transfer a phone number from a Pixi to a Pre-, hopefully without extra monthly fees, then swapping that comm board into a fully updated FrankenPre2.
    slt j'ai besoin d'aide le pb avec mon palm pre 2 en faite j'ai une réinitialisation totale du phone et là je l'allume il affiche palm au lieu de hp comme avant et le tactile ne passe svp comme faire: Confus:

<staff edit to post translation>

Google Translation:
    Hi I need help with my palm on pb first two I made ​​in a full reset of the phone and then I turn it on it displays instead of palm hp as before and do not touch the password please do as :Confused:
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/18/2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: looking after this, in a roundabout way.