Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NCCaniac
  1. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #1  
    So i have been taking pictures with my phone and they don't show up in the photo roll to send them anywhere or anythign like that. the pictures show up in the files but not in the app for it.

    Any suggestions on what to do. It is a franken pre2
  2. #2  
    do you have a DCIM folder, and in that folder is there a folder named, 100PALM . If not make those folders and try again maybe. Media/internal/DCIM/100PALM is what it should look like. If you open up and view the pre as a storage device.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. pchrist's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #3  
    That folder is there. And other pics i have taken show up in there just not any new ones!!!

    i am thinking it maybe time to dr. the phone but not sure.
  4. #4  
    Try plugging into your computer and then MAKE SURE you eject the device properly before unplugging it. I've had this happen when I forgot to do that.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Try plugging into your computer and then MAKE SURE you eject the device properly before unplugging it. I've had this happen when I forgot to do that.
    Speaking of ejecting the device properly....I have found when I have my FrankenPre 2 plugged into the laptop as a USB device, the Windows USB connected devices in the system tray shows both the phone as a USB-connected data drive ( E: ), but also the novacom driver connected. I can right-click on the drive ( E: ) and disconnect/eject and that succeeds, but when trying that on the novacom driver "device" it says it is still in use. Then when I unplug the phone, the phone puts up a message about damaged file repaired and always properly disconnect. Is there some step I am not doing that I should?
    Last edited by NCCaniac; 07/11/2012 at 10:12 AM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    Speaking of ejecting the device properly....I have found when I have my FrankenPre 2 plugged into the laptop as a USB device, the Windows USB connected devices in the system tray shows both the phone as a USB-connected data drive (E: ), but also the novacom driver connected. I can right-click on the drive (E: ) and disconnect/eject and that succeeds, but when trying that on the novacom driver "device" it says it is still in use. Then when I unplug the phone, the phone puts up a message about damaged file repaired and always properly disconnect. Is there some step I am not doing that I should?
    Is the phone in Dev Mode when this happens?

    I think I'm seeing a pattern with my webOS devices (unconfirmed yet, just a gut feeling based on what I've seen) that Dev Mode keeps the device from being disconnected by Win 7. It might be occurring at the novacom/Dev Mode interface level???
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 07/11/2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Is the phone in Dev Mode when this happens?

    I think I'm seeing a pattern with my webOS devices (unconfirmed yet, just a gut feeling based on what I've seen) that Dev Mode keeps the device from being disconnected by Win 7. It might be occurring at the novacom/Dev Mode interface level???
    Ah....yes that has to be it! I put it in Dev mode somewhere along the way of the FrankenPre process for doctoring, etc., and ended up deciding to leave it in Dev mode because it did not seem to hurt anything (and there are some tasks that seem to need it). Hmm...so it looks like there is a problem with disconnecting on XP also with novacom plus Dev mode.

    Just did some searching through the forums and Dev mode does seem to be related. Here is another thread on this topic (talks about disconnecting Touchpad, but same issue). Unmounting issues

    (And...sorry for the smilies in my last post....kept putting the colon after the E driver right next to the closing parenthesis.)
    Last edited by NCCaniac; 07/11/2012 at 10:20 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.

Posting Permissions