1.    #1  
    I bought a new Palm Pre 2 on the Daily Steals site. I am debating whether adding the BT fix to work with my Touchpad, or Dr all the way to 2.2.4. Any opiniong?

If I do Dr to 2.2.4, there seem to be two scripts....the Super Script and the test script. Any thoughts to which is better, or is there a different alternative?

Perviously I had a Verizon FrankPre2 (started with a GSM Pre2 and replaced with Pre Plus comm board), but I could never get GPS to work....hoping this is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I bought a new Palm Pre 2 on the Daily Steals site. I am debating whether adding the BT fix to work with my Touchpad, or Dr all the way to 2.2.4. Any opiniong?

If I do Dr to 2.2.4, there seem to be two scripts....the Super Script and the test script. Any thoughts to which is better, or is there a different alternative?

Perviously I had a Verizon FrankPre2 (started with a GSM Pre2 and replaced with Pre Plus comm board), but I could never get GPS to work....hoping this is better.
    The test script is the WR/ROW carrier apps with the Verizon CDMA modem firmware. It is intended to be 99% stock WR/ROW to validate functionality.

The super script is designed to be as close to a Verizon build as possible, but it also brings Google Mobile Maps, the older you tube app (as it is faster), and motionapps classic bits/Rom.

Let me know what you used and if you have success or failure.
  3.    #3  
    Can I run these scripts on my VZW Franken Pre 2 (i.e., Unlocked GSM Pre 2 with Verizon Pre Plus Comm Board). This phone is already running 2.2.4, but I want to put on the Verizon specific apps to see if VZ Navigator will work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The test script is the WR/ROW carrier apps with the Verizon CDMA modem firmware. It is intended to be 99% stock WR/ROW to validate functionality.

The super script is designed to be as close to a Verizon build as possible, but it also brings Google Mobile Maps, the older you tube app (as it is faster), and motionapps classic bits/Rom.

Let me know what you used and if you have success or failure.
    Can I run these scripts on my VZW Franken Pre 2 (i.e., Unlocked GSM Pre 2 with Verizon Pre Plus Comm Board). This phone is already running 2.2.4, but I want to put on the Verizon specific apps to see if VZ Navigator will work.
    The script transforms the WR/ROW Dr to a Verizon Dr., if you modify the script to not modify the model and carrier. Then yes it would build on a.WR/ROW device, VZNavigator requires a Verizon Network Server so unless you are on Verizon's network I doubt it will work. But I have never tried I am on Verizon's Network.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The script transforms the WR/ROW Dr to a Verizon Dr., if you modify the script to not modify the model and carrier. Then yes it would build on a.WR/ROW device, VZNavigator requires a Verizon Network Server so unless you are on Verizon's network I doubt it will work. But I have never tried I am on Verizon's Network.
    Sorry, still confused (I am good at following directions but not that good at understanding all this stuff). I am on a Verizon network, so it sounds like the script should work without modification, correct?

Thanks
    Sorry, still confused (I am good at following directions but not that good at understanding all this stuff). I am on a Verizon network, so it sounds like the script should work without modification, correct?

Thanks
    From my understanding you have a gsm unlocked pre2 with a Verizon PrePlus comm board.

Your device unless you have changed the tokens, would not work with the script as is.

The script changes the Dr to look for a us Verizon pre2 (model/carrier) it should fail, unless you modify the script to not change model/carrier or you have changed the tokens of your device to be a Verizon Pre2.
    I have been running on the superscript 2.2.4 build for a while now and I have been pretty happy with it. It fixed a few of the 2.1.0 nag points that I had and the texting with the touchpad works. I have found it gets unhappy associating ad reassociating with the tp and forces me to restart after a short while, so I'm not using that functionality any more as a result. I have a vzw pre3 on the way, so I hope it behaves more with 2.2.4....