1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, can someone help me please, I recently got a factory unlocked pre 2 from Amazon, which turned out to ne a P102UNA model , a great device, I am even able to use classic on it with webos 2.0.1 but my big problem is that I am not able send sms with it, when ever i start writing I get a red cross on the tip of the send button and when ever I try to send it says that I have exceeded the allowed charachter size, even when there is only one charachter in the letter, can any one help please, do you know if what are the files with the carrier setting definitions and if I can switch them from a more recent doctor version lke webos 2.2.4

Thanks in advance
    More info might help... What carrier? All your setting are good in dialer preferences?

You can use WOSQI to recieve this file:

Tools > Receive > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json

I used Wordpad to open mine (GSM unlocked Pre 2 - same model as yours but with 2.2.4) and searched by MCC # to determine which carriers had listings.

Here is a table of MNC and MCC codes: Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you find your carrier on there... Verified by MCC / MNC / Long name / Short name... double check everything matches between the carrierdb.json entry and your dailer preferences.

If your carrier isn't on there it is a whole other issue getting a proper entry to tack on.

If you find a suitable entry just add it to the file and use WOSQI: Tools > Send File > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json but be sure to save a copy of your original, untampered with file in case you need to revert.

If you leave info here, I'll search my 2.2.4 copy of the carrierdb.json file and see if I have an entry.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    More info might help... What carrier? All your setting are good in dialer preferences?

You can use WOSQI to recieve this file:

Tools > Receive > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json

I used Wordpad to open mine (GSM unlocked Pre 2 - same model as yours but with 2.2.4) and searched by MCC # to determine which carriers had listings.

Here is a table of MNC and MCC codes: Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you find your carrier on there... Verified by MCC / MNC / Long name / Short name... double check everything matches between the carrierdb.json entry and your dailer preferences.

If your carrier isn't on there it is a whole other issue getting a proper entry to tack on.

If you find a suitable entry just add it to the file and use WOSQI: Tools > Send File > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json but be sure to save a copy of your original, untampered with file in case you need to revert.

If you leave info here, I'll search my 2.2.4 copy of the carrierdb.json file and see if I have an entry.
    thank you for your kind reply dear sir, in fact I unrared the 2.2.4 doctor and got the file for the carrier database and replaced it on my phone, but it did not do any change, my carrier exists well on the list it is

{"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":415,"mnc":1,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl" :"http://mms.mic1.com.lb","mmscPortNumber":8080,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsVali dityPeriod":300,"mmsMaxVideoSize":300,"mmsVersionNumber":0,"qOperatorLongName":"Alpha","smsRequestDe liveryReceiptAvailable":false,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":false,"smsMaxRecipient s":0,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":0,"mmsCcBccSupported":false,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":0,"mmsIsPictureRes olutionLimited":false,"mmsIsWavSupported":false,"mmsMaxAudioSize":0,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":0,"mmsMaxP ictureWidth":0,"mmsMaxRecipients":0,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":fal se,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":false,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":f alse,"mmsApnId":728,"voicemailNumber":"113","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDo wnloadWhenRoaming":false,"qOperatorShortName":"Alpha","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAss istedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitF orSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLi mit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"+9 61 3 48 88 88","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo" :false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.g oogle.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs8TEcSE4HSjsqs1QO5I3x9RFIQbns8c2qjkvrsCMi+187Gew4E/NthjKJ7FcVvvvU08KcDwZMirvSxZd6IkxlS2I+DwQ+ug+Ztm8K5vNrYjOCPSSJi3WD9HssbmLPhjtP+6PuTPLOF2KvDbHtVOy3ko MGZWZdbXt2RPZycbSiyJuwqDJFOmgInn5LLh+sTUwdKlwlcZ2gykac16NmgoJpDQjqi6TPI5G3/AXh7aYznEwdX/deTbe42Dm3/2/9zaGHYOzS8B99E7oGCLwu0mfUG3RVkwdak1n1OUcXcWGO4EdwKaB3advmz+NzQZb4SfPVZefny+1DyoDssjUJeiebGRNRi1AKwkj CG/I3rK4rKBg8YsP1T53nlFairboWKIVtDfk87gGDAhh2oaDGekCDnL2eWpJuDK5E0oLz6ot+zUcayqKIBo29ASwDv7qA+s2HsObsfP 0bg3KURHo4Ovo8+mhntiyWFV3snT2E9pKIb4UnJbMp2IbHOXk8wjbNlLe7iO0Gvog3u6GrsMzlukb98H4E6hzpK4T7Lb554ZZiie TcZMWqB1Pu17wlvcwu6DJFgpBffhxp/Xn+QU31jO+iaaPsczdKfg0z3eGbeqjGH9LO+jeYOwSlYDd70TO/JLc30hRhoMEIAiqiafg3umZJP1zU1iD0wpTLjcQ1Ub3rBLLicMRw6WYN0vrYFyIgRHIzBOGMlqFPPu0n1FGCwpMAwLxBclDrn4u9 JNMv/wBddh/fV8NdEr5a51ia+Tul3gUXL0lvTNKj1m4TQhyd7wiRK3ZtRVyA5OaIN72IrPSQyBvDYZKCaSHbHTx5GUpO+iGhdFxANcPLVQl4ZjB nHAKeY7bxOoaM8i3iYtD0GaHla9ag=="}

I did some minor changes I thought it might help but still no effect I still get that naggaing cross on the send button unless I write my message first and then type down the memorized number and hit the button before the phone recognizes the number from the contact list, I am desperate, but thanks for caring and answering

best regards
  4.    #4  
    first I would like to thank RumoredNow for having the kindness of replying to my post and leading me towards the correct file to adjust in fact all what I had to do was to adjust the ,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage": to 10
    since it was before set to zero

now it is working fine

Thanks again
    Glad to hear it is all worked out.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee