1.    #1  
    I just recently purchased a palm pre 2 from dailysteals.com. Within first few minutes of booting phone, it rebooted as soon as i'd use any function of the OS. I rebooted the phone on my own accord to see if the problem would disappear , and the same issue would happen. I tried updating to 2.1 and it would fail every time. I then got the www.palm.com/rom screen, so I tried the webOs doctor installer. The first time it got to 52% then failed, then after rebooting several times, I was able to get it to work again with the webOS doctor, and it would fail every time. The highest percentage I was able to get it to was 82%. I removed the usb cable, and rebooted several more times, and was able to get into the OS, try the system update, which told me it was up to date, btu would still reboot as soon as I'd use the phone.

Is there any fix to this, or do i have a defective phone?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I got a Pre2 of the same problem before. Even if doctored successfully, same things still happened. I ended up sending it back to Palm for repair. They then sent back the repaired unit, but it's still broken. Finally they had to give me a refurbished unit for it. So I suggest to send it to Palm letting them handle it. It seems to be a defective Pre2 issue that is irreparable even for Palm.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    I got a Pre2 of the same problem before. Even if doctored successfully, same things still happened. I ended up sending it back to Palm for repair. They then sent back the repaired unit, but it's still broken. Finally they had to give me a refurbished unit for it. So I suggest to send it to Palm letting them handle it. It seems to be a defective Pre2 issue that is irreparable even for Palm.
    Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.