Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By NCCaniac
  1.    #1  
    So I bought a slightly used Pre 2 from a guy here on the Marketplace forum and used it do the FrankenPre procedure for use on Sprint to replace a Pre. After finishing the procedure, I found out that the previous owner had not first deleted all his photos and music files from the internal memory of the Pre 2. I started deleting the photos manually in the photos app, but there were over 500 so I decided to go the faster route of hooking the phone to my laptop in USB mode and delete them from Windows Explorer.

I found the photos and the music files where I expected to and deleted all of them, but now when I go into the photos app or music app they just put up the spinner like they are searching for files or trying to update the list of files...and it never seems to complete. It seems like I might have to also delete some other file(s) to get them to start over from no photos and no music. Any tips on what to look for?
    Possibly the spinner is due to it looking up all those files it expects and updating their status as removed???

You could try Launcher > System > Device Info > Reset Options
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Possibly the spinner is due to it looking up all those files it expects and updating their status as removed???

You could try Launcher > System > Device Info > Reset Options
    Oh, so maybe I just gave up too soon on letting it run while it reconciled the database with what had been removed? There were over 500 photos and lots of music I deleted. I'll try letting it run longer before stopping the app.
    Personally I would secure full erase and doctor, start with a fresh device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    RumoredNow likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Using the reset option in Device Info to delete all personal files (photos, video, music) did the trick.
    in your case it would be a nice idea to full erase or doctor your device. in the future, if the same happens in music or photo apps after deleting some file, then you would need to try to restart your device. if that does not work, then you should delete a file so the libraries get regenerated. the file is called: filenotify.db3 or something like that. Search for a topic in the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    in the future, if the same happens in music or photo apps after deleting some file, then you would need to try to restart your device. if that does not work, then you should delete a file so the libraries get regenerated. the file is called: filenotify.db3 or something like that. Search for a topic in the forum.
    Or you could just use the Media Indexer app that will fix the file(s) instantly
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Or you could just use the Media Indexer app that will fix the file(s) instantly
    I may have to look at Media Indexer, but as I mentioned earlier, I was able to get rid of the old files and have now been adding my own. :-)
    I thought the person I was replying to was talking about the media indexer bug, pretty sure he was.... but I could have misread the post.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I thought the person I was replying to was talking about the media indexer bug, pretty sure he was.... but I could have misread the post.
    Oh, no problem. I thought he was giving me a way to fix the problem I had, but I had already fixed it.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    If you do have the problem where you load media and it doesn't show up (audio, video, or pics) Media Indexer has worked for me when needed, just so you know. Since you will probably see the issue sooner or later.... maybe not though, don't think the wife has gotten it on her Pre2 yet, but she doesn't do as much media as I do (the Veers were horrible with it, and only remember once with my Pre3).