Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    dailysteals.com has new deals every day in each category.

Today, June 30th 2012, in their last call category they have brand new Verizon Pre 2's for $70 + sh

http://lastcall.dailysteals.com/
    kataran likes this.
    Is this a GSM or CDMA version?

I'm not from the US so not familiar with the network of each carrier...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Verizon is CDMA.
    Thanks, no use in getting one then since I'm on GSM in Europe...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Uh...any VoIP apps available? Unwilling to sign up with VZW, but I'd buy a wifi only phone.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Uh...any VoIP apps available? Unwilling to sign up with VZW, but I'd buy a wifi only phone.
    I think there is a Google Voice app. That could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by beveragevendor View Post
    I think there is a Google Voice app. That could work.
    I thought that app required a carrier for incoming calls. Unsure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    dailysteals.com has new deals every day in each category.

Today, June 30th 2012, in their last call category they have brand new Verizon Pre 2's for $70 + sh

Daily Steals Today Last Call
    great tip.....great price.....my money is getting hot in my pocket.....should I???

could always frankin my girls pre.....discussions
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Tempted to pick one up for the heck of it... or perhaps maybe try to build another Bell CDMA one since Pres are so cheap right now...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Check out this link:

http://www.webosnation.com/webos-2-2...hpad-messaging

The Verizon Pre2 should have skype on it....
    I have ZERO interest in moving to Verizon and no need to Franken anything...

And I'm tempted at that price...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Check out this link:

http://www.webosnation.com/webos-2-2...hpad-messaging

The Verizon Pre2 should have skype on it....
    Verizon Pre 2 has webOS 2.0.1 or 2.1.0, which has Skype Mobile which requires a Data plan as it on works over Verizon's network, however you can meta doctor to webOS 2.2.4, and do skype over WiFi.
    Ordered ONE after I clicked the final confirm button noticed I had 2 in the cart. If anyone misses the deal PM me and I'll let go of the other one at cost plus shipping. (For long time forum member only). If I get them and if the daughter doesn't con me into giving it to her

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    kataran likes this.
    I thought Verizon Pre 2's had finally gotten the 2.2.4 upgrade... or did that never happen? (other than through metadoctor I mean)
    if anyone is interested, Daily Steals' sister site icemonkey.com has a few VZW Pixi Pluses left for a mere $40: Verizon Palm Pixi Plus 3G Touchscreen Smartphone with 8GB Memory
    I wanted one - missed it.
    I got one with about 40 minutes to spare last night. It's a BFD...big fabulous deal...for me. I've had my Launch day VZW Pre+ since...uh...well, launch day!

Funny thing though...Launch day's are usually big to-do's lots of fanfare, balloons even. Ours (on Verizon) was like the launch of a spy satellite. No news, no festivites...but at least the Pre+ was keeping the skies safe for us!
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 07/01/2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I got one with about 40 minutes to spare last night. It's a BFD...big fabulous deal...for me. I've had my Launch day VZW Pre+ since...uh...well, launch day!

Funny thing though...Launch day's are usually big to-do's lots of fanfare, balloons even. Ours (on Verizon) was like the launch of a spy satellite. No news, no festivites...but at least the Pre+ was keeping the skies safe for us!
    That's because of Vzw ramping up all of their ad dollars for the 'droid' launch. What a debacle that whole time was for Palm. Like a knife in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's because of Vzw ramping up all of their ad dollars for the 'droid' launch. What a debacle that whole time was for Palm. Like a knife in the back.
    Come on, you can't really believe that! It was the spy satellite thingy, can't you see that?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    if anyone is interested, Daily Steals' sister site icemonkey.com has a few VZW Pixi Pluses left for a mere $40: Verizon Palm Pixi Plus 3G Touchscreen Smartphone with 8GB Memory
    While I would say, its a very nice deal for a Pixi phone for that price of just $40 dollars. In my opinion, it would be best to skip it, knowing my experiences on that phone for over a year. Its not worth the headaches, its super underpowered due to Palm lack of guts of putting more power on that device. They decided to cut corners, and that dearly costs them the entire company. For me the Palm Pixi Plus, should had been the Veer with the faster processor, 5MP camera, and same memory RAM. If Palm would made those changes, history could have been written differently for Palm. Anyways, One thing that I can appreciate of the Pixi phone, was the compact light design and its QWERTY keyboard very nice clicky feel that the Palm Pre should had right from the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post

Congrats Rockbeast on your new purchase , you would really learn to appreciate WebOS with the use of that Palm Pre 2 phone. The faster processor really helps with the use of webOS, its quite surprisingly on how a few megahertz on a processor speed really makes everything work so smoothly. The upgrade on the quality built from the screen to the exterior design change from the glossy look of the Palm Pre Plus, it all makes it a nice welcome change for the Pre line.

And as for the Verizon company, it was really shameful on how they dealt with the launch of the device and it dedicated there efforts to the Droid launch. The Palm phones are great for Verizon, instead they released a stupid commercial like the "multitasking like your mom" promo on TV. Even when I was visiting Verizon to buy my phone the employee from Verizon talked about every other phones and barely even mentioned the phones from Palm company. It appeared like if they were never trained or were told to skip from even speaking from the palm Pre or Pixi phones. Some didn't even knew what features the phone had or had any knowledge of the operating system that powered the phones.

Even more strangely, when I activated my new Palm Pre 2 on the Verizon store.....I got strange looks across everyone(employees) faces and some were surprise as if I activating some sorta of future phone from another century. The employee had to ask the manager, if the phone was compatible with Verizon. Sad to know of how poorly Verizon had dealt with the whole launch day and even with entire Palm WebOS devices.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast