Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    ...Also, does Verizon not have a phone swap feature on their website? Would save you a trip to the store.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Problem is, it is my office provided account with Verizon, I don't have authorization password to access the account. The 2 people that do are both out of town for the rest of the week. All I can probably do is go to the store and show ID of who I am with both phones.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Problem is, it is my office provided account with Verizon, I don't have authorization password to access the account. The 2 people that do are both out of town for the rest of the week. All I can probably do is go to the store and show ID of who I am with both phones.
    Ah, right. I hadn't though of that angle. :-)
    I just decided to carry on...and so far, so good. The App Catalog is working hard restoring applications...my email accounts are syncing. I had one app, Whendle, whose download failed...but perhaps it isn't upgraded to Palm 2.x. I guess this will be a while. It's going to be a fun few days getting things set up I bet. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a password keeper app...I used Keyring on the Pre+, not sure if i can on the Pre2...and can i get data over...seems like it has an export function of sorts.

I guess when all is done downloading, I put into dev mode and install Preware. Does that require WOSQI (sp?) install first? I think it does. I'll have to go research that one again.

I just realized I didn't open the saved packages list from the Preware Menu and do an update. I did run Save/Restore, but didn't copy it over yet to my computer. I hope I can turn it one and copy these over, along with photos, videos, etc.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Yes you can keep using Keyring just fine. Save restore will bring your data over or you can manually backup/restore it using the built-in functions). Just remember that for most Mojo apps you have to launch them once so they can initialize the database so save restore knows what name to use for them.. When you put the phone in USB mode copy your save/restore data along with all of your pics, vids, downloads, music, etc to the new phone then you will be able to restore it after installing preware and save/restore.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/10/2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you can activate a Pre 2 off of the same Palm profile as your Touchpad without losing anything from the Touchpad ?
    Probably not the place to discuss this, but I'm frustrated. I can't seem to install Preware on my Pre2. I was following this guide:

How to Install Homebrew Apps

But I can't get WOSQI to see that I have a device connected. When I click "OK" (3 choices are "OK", "Cancel", and "Reinstall Novacom Driver"), the screen just flickers and nothing. I can reinstall the Novacom driver, that works. I can click cancel and WOSQI closes. But I get nothing when I click OK. Why? I do have the Pre2 in developer mode. I have tried running WOSQI with the pre2 connected...I have tried connecting the Pre2 after...nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Probably not the place to discuss this, but I'm frustrated. I can't seem to install Preware on my Pre2. I was following this guide:

How to Install Homebrew Apps

But I can't get WOSQI to see that I have a device connected. When I click "OK" (3 choices are "OK", "Cancel", and "Reinstall Novacom Driver"), the screen just flickers and nothing. I can reinstall the Novacom driver, that works. I can click cancel and WOSQI closes. But I get nothing when I click OK. Why? I do have the Pre2 in developer mode. I have tried running WOSQI with the pre2 connected...I have tried connecting the Pre2 after...nothing works. What am I doing wrong?
    That happened to me thousands of time, until finally I installed Homebrew on my palm pre 2. It was a painful experience for me, because I was following every step that the community tells you about how to install homebrew for your WebOS device. Everyone experience is a bit different, so I will give my advise to what I did to properly install it on my device.

1) First, I deleted everything related from WOSQI my computer memory. Fully restarted my computer, then I reinstall everything again(included the Novacom Drivers).
    2) Secondly, I placed my device on developer mode(restarted my device).
    3) After doing all of the steps, I open up WOSQI app on my computer. I firstly plug my device on my computer, wait a few secs for the computer to recognize your device. Then, you will eventually see your Palm Pre 2 on the app.
    4) Also, almost forgot to mention. Pls, make sure that the drivers are installing properly on the computer, sometimes the devices fails to recognize the device you plugging-in due to that fact.

Hope this helps, good luck
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    That happened to me thousands of time, until finally I installed Homebrew on my palm pre 2. It was a painful experience for me, because I was following every step that the community tells you about how to install homebrew for your WebOS device. Everyone experience is a bit different, so I will give my advise to what I did to properly install it on my device.

1) First, I deleted everything related from WOSQI my computer memory. Fully restarted my computer, then I reinstall everything again(included the Novacom Drivers).
    2) Secondly, I placed my device on developer mode(restarted my device).
    3) After doing all of the steps, I open up WOSQI app on my computer. I firstly plug my device on my computer, wait a few secs for the computer to recognize your device. Then, you will eventually see your Palm Pre 2 on the app.
    4) Also, almost forgot to mention. Pls, make sure that the drivers are installing properly on the computer, sometimes the devices fails to recognize the device you plugging-in due to that fact.

Hope this helps, good luck
    I'll try again...one think I'm seeing is it seems to not fully install the device. When I plug in the Pre2 the new device wizard comes up...asks to find the drivers to install the device. It doesn't find the proper drivers and I see a message saying the device might not have full functionality. I'll try restarting the computer and the device and try again.

Make sure you're using a recent novacom, such as the one included with the webOS 3.0.5 SDK. A major point of failure is people using ancient SDKs from 2.0 or something.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
    Does anyone know if you can activate a Pre 2 off of the same Palm profile as your Touchpad without losing anything from the Touchpad ?
    Absolutely. Only restriction is you can only use it on one phone. Well I suppose there could be a limit on the # of Touchpads, but I'm not going to hit it with two.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Make sure you're using a recent novacom, such as the one included with the webOS 3.0.5 SDK. A major point of failure is people using ancient SDKs from 2.0 or something.
    I'm using the WOSQI 4.4.0...whatever Novacom drivers come with that. How do I get the one you mention...I found a link to get the 3.0.5 SDK Novacom here. IS that what I should do? Download this?

I'm using the WOSQI 4.4.0...whatever Novacom drivers come with that. How do I get the one you mention...I found a link to get the 3.0.5 SDK Novacom here. IS that what I should do? Download this?
    Looks like the newest version to me? 1.0.80??? Even though my GoogleFu reveals 1.0.0.80 as the latest...

I see I'm doing alright with 1.0.0.64....

But maybe I need to update???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    That's odd. I've never had a problem - maybe it's because I've always had the newest SDK installed. Kind of a big download just for the driver though, which is why Jason wrote the novacom installer- though I've never used that and don't recall exactly how it downloads the driver. I've seen a number of stories of people having no luck getting the drivers installed though. Sometimes a pc and/or phone reboot cures it, sometimes it is the cable, not sure what else can cause it.

I apologize if this has been covered Rockbeast, but two things to doublecheck:

Make sure you select the "just charge" option on the phone after plugging it into the computer

Java is current and running properly.

Again, I hate to suggest something that you probably have covered, but it is all I can think off.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Finally got mine. Took about a week.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    OK, I now have Preware on my new Pre2! I tried it on my home computer (previously I used my work laptop) and I also followed the instructions in the app "Preware Homebrew Documentation (PHD) 3.0.0 more closely, which seems to have directed me to use a different webosQuickInstall jar file than the 4.4.0 version. In PHD it gave me a web address to webOSQuickInstall.jar, and in using that, and 'reistalling novacom', it worked! I had the same strange problem of not being able to fully set up the Pre2 as a new device on my computer's USB port...so I thought I was going to have the same issue. But, I'm guessing the jar file was the ticket.

Thank you bigsnyder for your suggestions. I had done those two items you mentioned, but you are right that they are very important. I don't know enough to know why...but I believe...I guess that is called faith?

Next I need to copy over my Save Restore info which I saved off my old Pre+ onto my laptop's hard drive. I hope I didn't mess things up by not copying that over before I tried installing Preware. We will see.

Next I need to copy over my Save Restore info which I saved off my old Pre+ onto my laptop's hard drive. I hope I didn't mess things up by not copying that over before I tried installing Preware. We will see.
    No, it won't hurt anything. I personally prefer to install Save/Restore and open it once before copying over my saved data, but I don't think it makes any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No, it won't hurt anything. I personally prefer to install Save/Restore and open it once before copying over my saved data, but I don't think it makes any difference.
    I screwed up my FrankenPre2 a bit. I was trying the "swap comm board & run Vz 2.1 Doctor" method to get it done faster. (i.e. before the baby woke up)

After I installed my Sprint Pre-'s comm board in the VZ Pre2, I missed the "don't activate it" part, and created a new Palm Profile (figured better safe than sorry). I tried to run the Vzw Doctor 2.1 but it failed at the "cannot restart device" stage. I uninstalled Novacom and tried again with the same result.

So now I've got a FrankenPre2 that makes/receives calls and has 3G/1x/WiFi but the SMS messages are fubared (sends garbage, receives nothing), my voicemail indicator never goes away, and I'm not 100% sure that bluetooth stereo audio is working right.

Sooo what do people recommend as the best (or easiest) way to proceed? Once upon a time I was able to build Slackware from a 3.5" floppy up to a full server so I can do the custom metadoctor route if I have to but I was trying to take the slacker route and just use the Vz 2.1 Doctor.
    Nevermind. I was putting the phone in USB mode, not USB Recovery Mode, so the Doctor wasn't doing anything.

It's all shiny now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123