Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Ordered ONE after I clicked the final confirm button noticed I had 2 in the cart. If anyone misses the deal PM me and I'll let go of the other one at cost plus shipping. (For long time forum member only). If I get them and if the daughter doesn't con me into giving it to her
    Please check my private message to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Verizon Pre 2 has webOS 2.0.1 or 2.1.0, which has Skype Mobile which requires a Data plan as it on works over Verizon's network, however you can meta doctor to webOS 2.2.4, and do skype over WiFi.
    no forward facing camera
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    For those who missed it on stealday and still interested to get one..

Pre2 is still available in Dailysteals ebay shop for $79.99 including shipping

New Palm Pre 2 Verizon WebOS 2.0 16GB Slide Touchscreen Smartphone - No Contract | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    no forward facing camera
    So you can Skype, just no video...voice only? Still a good thing, can make a call while overseas. You call another computer for free, a cell or landline for a small fee. I used skype to communicate with family and office for a 2.5 month period I was out of the country. The internet connection was very slow (128kb) so I only turned on the video to say hi and bye to my family. The landline/cellphone calls didn't matter anyway as their end didn't have a camera.

I think I paid about $3 per month to have access to make calls to the USA and Canada. That was a good deal. It wasn't unlimited minutes, but it was a bunch (a thousand or more/month?)! And the computer to computer skyping didn't use up any minutes.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

kataran likes this.
    Other than a confirmation email, has anyone detected any processing of their order with Dailysteals? I looked to see the details of my order, and other than the purchase, there is nothing new. I know I'm a bit anxious. Has anyone seen any shipping info yet?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Other than a confirmation email, has anyone detected any processing of their order with Dailysteals? I looked to see the details of my order, and other than the purchase, there is nothing new. I know I'm a bit anxious. Has anyone seen any shipping info yet?
    I ordered two and haven't heard a word from them yet.
    I think a lot of these daily sale sites attempt to secure orders, and then obtain the merchandise after the fact. I've ordered several things from Ben's Outlet and 1 Sale A Day, and although I usually get the products pretty quickly, I've had two orders where I've had to bug them for a month about it, and then they just give me a refund saying the products aren't available .. even though they are still accepting orders for them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I received a tracking #. According to UPS, I should be receiving mine by Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by poops View Post
    I received a tracking #. According to UPS, I should be receiving mine by Tuesday.
    Nice! I'm still waiting, but I did buy mine at the end of the day...so maybe I'll get a tracking number on Monday, and receive the unit next week?

I received my Pre2 order from DailySteals yesterday.
    There are 900 left of the at the daily steals store on ebay for the same money. Use auction tamer.com to see quantity
    I checked Daily Steals and my Pre2 is in my town! UPS handed it over to USPS...supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'm not ready! I need to read up on things before it gets here....guess I'll be up late tonight!

Got the tracking info! My pre 2 will be in my hands on Thursday!!!
    I checked Daily Steals and my Pre2 is in my town! UPS handed it over to USPS...supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'm not ready! I need to read up on things before it gets here....guess I'll be up late tonight!
    Yeah... and you need the cigars to pass out too...

Congrats on the new addition to your family.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee

You'll be alright Rockbeast, there is nothing for you to read about on how to handle the device Palm Pre 2. Everything about WebOS 2.0 has been covered already, and if you already handle WebOS 1.0 before there will be no learning curve here.

1)* Only thing to take notice, that is, if you are planning on Activating it on Verizon. Be ready to say bye-bye to the tethering plan which sadly enough those cheapskates of Verizon cheated Palm by not letting extend the plan for tethering for the newer devices.

2)* I heard around the internet that Verizon has been holding onto the new update of WebOS 2.2.4. and ultimately been ignoring people request to release such update for the Palm Pre 2. So you will be stuck with WebOS 2.1, just like me. Unless you plan on doctoring your device to the newer version of WebOS 2.2.4.

3)* Battery life on the device, not so great after all. I already planning on buying one of those bat online that are being sold by third-party manufacturers that extends life of your Pre 2. Weird, that WebOS seems to suck battery life much more than other OS'es out there. Some people say that the Mugen(1400mAh) or Amzen (1400mAh) battery pack

4)* Don't forget to buy one of those cheap screen-protectors that are found on Amazon for the price of $5 dollars. That way you could keep your screen fingerprint/scratch free

That's pretty much it, enjoy your New Palm Pre 2...of course when it arrives at your doorstep
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    ...3)* Battery life on the device, not so great after all. I already planning on buying one of those bat online that are being sold by third-party manufacturers that extends life of your Pre 2. Weird, that WebOS seems to suck battery life much more than other OS'es out there. Some people say that the Mugen(1400mAh) or Amzen (1400mAh) battery pack...
    Definitely invest in the Mugen 1400... Love the thing. I really feel it was a great value. Follow the conditioning requirements. (4-5 initial charges should go 8-10 hours each.) Mine now charges to between 1446 and 1454 each charge up cycle and lasts like crazy.

UberKernel > Govnah: I run the ondemandtcl profile overclocked at 1.2 GHz. Set TCP Congestion to Westwood. In the CPU Frequency settings use ondemandtcl, set Up Threshold to 75%, Powersave Bias at 10, and Screenstate Enable to True. I've found this to be a good battery conservation configuration... Fast when I load the CPU and conservative at all other times.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Regarding the Mobile Hotspot, yeah, I know it disappears. But I've been assured by several that the FreeTether app works great...so I will be setting that up pretty quick. I use the MHS a lot in my work, so I needed to be sure I had an option before I went to the Pre2.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I ordered mine from the Daily Steals eBay listing for $79.99 with free shipping. It is being delivered today and I can't wait. There are more than 10 still available as of July 10th 2012 12:39 PM ET:

New Palm Pre 2 Verizon WebOS 2.0 16GB Slide Touchscreen Smartphone - No Contract | eBay

Brent
    Mine was delivered today. I brought it to my office and set it on my touchstone...started up like a trooper! After it booted up (seemed like it only took about a minute and a half...my Pre+ takes 6 minutes and 25 seconds on average....yes, you read that right), it asked "English?" and I selected english. Then is said "Phone Activation - Your phone will now call Verizon and automatically activate your phone. Click Next to Proceed."

Can I do this from here? I've got my Pre+ sitting right here too...and I just ran backup and Save/Restore. Can I proceed with activation or do I have to 'go to the Verizon Store' to switch from one phone to another?

EDIT TO ADD: Am I going to loose all my SMS text messages? Is there a way to save them or transfer them?
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 07/10/2012 at 02:11 PM.

Before you activate it, be sure to put your old phone in airplane mode and turn off wifi. If you don't and use the same Palm Profile, it will sign out of your palm profile and erase all of your apps and data. This way you have access to check things until everything is just right on the new one. You have to leave the wifi off unless you use the instructions on webosinternals Wiki on how to sign out of your profile without losing your apps (you will lose access to the catalog regardless).

Also, does Verizon not have a phone swap feature on their website? Would save you a trip to the store.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast