1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. Ok I recently purchased an unlocked pre 2 as an upgrade to my pre-. Out of the box it came with 2.1.0 and worked fine. I updated OTA to 2.2.4, and the update broke it. I would get one good shut down/restart and the second time it would get hung on the HP logo. (like forever) So I doctored down to 2.1.0 and the issue was gone. Well today I connected my pre 2 to my home wifi, and without my consent, it downloaded the 2.2.4 update and says it will install on the next charge. So the question is: Is there a way to bypass this 2.2.4 update? Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated!
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Hmmm... Maybe I misunderstood something earlier in your other posts on this matter.

So it is GSM Unlocked and it came with 2.1.0... It must have been off radio for awhile then.

Instead of OTA update have you tried the 2.2.4 Doctor in Internals? That is what I'm running and I've not had any of the reboot problems you discussed. I'm not sure now if you ever said you have Doctored it to 2.2.4...

If you did Doctor and that version was error free it would tell the OTA to stop updating.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe I misunderstood something earlier in your other posts on this matter.

So it is GSM Unlocked and it came with 2.1.0... It must have been off radio for awhile then.

Instead of OTA update have you tried the 2.2.4 Doctor in Internals? That is what I'm running and I've not had any of the reboot problems you discussed. I'm not sure now if you ever said you have Doctored it to 2.2.4...

If you did Doctor and that version was error free it would tell the OTA to stop updating.
    You are correct, I did doctor to 2.2.4, yet it still broke.

Anyway, I did some more digging and found two ways to stop the updates forever!

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

[Guide] How To Disable Ota "automatic Updates" From Hp. - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

I just have two questions now. Does anyone know for certain if this works in webos 2.x and also the update was already downloaded and is ready to install. So does anyone know the location of the downloaded update so I can delete it? Thanks for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post

I just have two questions now. Does anyone know for certain if this works in webos 2.x and also the update was already downloaded and is ready to install. So does anyone know the location of the downloaded update so I can delete it? Thanks for any help!
    Sorry, but I can only answer your first question (with a definitive yes).
    Last edited by RfromR; 07/02/2012 at 05:44 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RfromR View Post
    Sorry, but I can only answer your first question (with a definitive yes).
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure.
  6.    #7  
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if anyone else had tried it on a pre 2. I did it and no more "2.2.4 Update Available" Messages!
    If you doctor your phone don't forget to turn off updates or you will have to do it again. Happened to me
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    2.2.4 is very buggy. These are great tips to have.