webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Pre 2 not booting up
Pre 2 not booting up

Old 06/27/2012, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hello. I just recently activated my Pre 2 (like 2 days ago) and today I turned it off and turned it back on and it has been 20 minutes and it hasn't booted up yet. (It's been showing the HP logo) I'll doctor if I have to, but I really wants to know what's wrong with it! Help!
Old 06/27/2012, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Yikes and that stinks... I know how much you were looking forward to the Pre 2.

Doctoring is probably the best idea.

Did you have a chance to check for catastrophic battery drain (i.e.: battery health bad and needs to be replaced?)

Maybe try recovery mode...

Power off phone, remove battery, plug phone into USB on computer, hold volume up and power, put battery in and get the USB screen...

But use a different Doctor... Like from your other phone. Once the Doctor backs out from incompatible device that might wake your Pre 2. I heard that can "shock" a balky webOS phone into waking up.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2012, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post

Yikes and that stinks... I know how much you were looking forward to the Pre 2.

Doctoring is probably the best idea.

Did you have a chance to check for catastrophic battery drain (i.e.: battery health bad and needs to be replaced?)

Maybe try recovery mode...

Power off phone, remove battery, plug phone into USB on computer, hold volume up and power, put battery in and get the USB screen...

But use a different Doctor... Like from your other phone. Once the Doctor backs out from incompatible device that might wake your Pre 2. I heard that can "shock" a balky webOS phone into waking up.
I just went ahead and doctored it and it seems to work fine now! I have no clue what happened but I hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks!
Old 06/27/2012, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
I just went ahead and doctored it and it seems to work fine now! I have no clue what happened but I hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks!
Yayz!!!

Here's hoping.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2012, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok, well it happened again. This time I doctored down to 2.1.0 instead of 2.2.4. I'm hoping this fixes the problem. I will post back late r with results...
Old 06/28/2012, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
Ok, well it happened again. This time I doctored down to 2.1.0 instead of 2.2.4. I'm hoping this fixes the problem. I will post back late r with results...
I heard of lot of people having the same problems when trying to installed it with the 2.2.4 version of WebOS, some users have reported of freezes, non-responsive and devices stuck into the HP logo. In my opinion, its best to just bring it down to older version of 2.1 of WebOS instead.

Best of Luck to ya.....AwesomePalmPre127

Anyways, how did you manage to get a hands on that version of WebOS 2.2.4 ? I know for a fact, that those stupid folks of HP never released that to the Verizon version of the Palm Pre 2. I always wanted to see that version on my phone, specially that you could swap text messages with your phone and TouchPad. Why hasn't that made its way into the Palm Pre 2 ?
Old 06/28/2012, 07:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
I heard of lot of people having the same problems when trying to installed it with the 2.2.4 version of WebOS, some users have reported of freezes, non-responsive and devices stuck into the HP logo. In my opinion, its best to just bring it down to older version of 2.1 of WebOS instead.

Best of Luck to ya.....AwesomePalmPre127

Anyways, how did you manage to get a hands on that version of WebOS 2.2.4 ? I know for a fact, that those stupid folks of HP never released that to the Verizon version of the Palm Pre 2. I always wanted to see that version on my phone, specially that you could swap text messages with your phone and TouchPad. Why hasn't that made its way into the Palm Pre 2 ?
I was thinking the exact same thing, so this time I doctored doen to 2.1.0, and it seems to work fine now, Although I won't hold my breath.
Old 06/28/2012, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I forgot to specify, I'm using an unlocked pre2, so I got the update OTA and can doctor it to 2.2.4. But, seeing how that ends up (having to doctor my phone and re-import all of my contacts) I think I'll just stick with 2.1.0, (I don't really need skype anyway )
Old 06/28/2012, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Quote Cut:
There are two meta-doctor Verizon Script to put webOS 2.2.4 onto a Verizon Pre2.

Here is the thread 2.2.4 for the VZW Pre 2?

The name of the scripts are super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 (which is as close to a Verizon Release as we will get, including all Verizon Wireless Carrier Apps, webOS 2.1.0 YouTube App, Enyo, MotionApps Classic Bits, etc...) then the basic test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 which is the webOS 2.2.4 WR carrier apps, with the CDMA modem update...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have a similar problem but my computer does not recognize the Pre and I can not enter the phone into recovery mode. Do you have any advice? I might add that my volume keys not working
osaliwan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Got Novacom drivers installed? You may also want to check the 6Ts: Palm Support : Palm Pre 2 Unlocked - 6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've installed, Palm Pre 2 Unlocked - 6TS does not help because the computer does not recognize the phone. I can not install anything
Old 02/04/2013, 02:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

What does your computer say when you plug in the Pre 2?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 02/05/2013, 05:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

"USB Device Not Recognized" - windows 8
Old 02/05/2013, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Make sure the drivers are installed properly. Get it from opensource.palm.com, and grab the right one for your processor type.
Old 02/05/2013, 10:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

but the phone worked without a problem with the computer until I wanted to install the game. August then turned off the phone, and already not working. Palm Pre 2 big problem with the inclusion of # post3375883 This is my post but nobody could help me
Doctor showed me "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable.Do not remove the battery or disconnect your phone during this process"

Last edited by osaliwan13; 02/05/2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02/05/2013, 11:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

How about you Skype me, and I'll see if I can make it work?
Old 02/05/2013, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Unfortunately I do not have skype but I can record a video
Old 02/05/2013, 12:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Get a Skype account if you want.
Old 02/05/2013, 12:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't have the camera on my computer ;(

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0