Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    or palm.com/profile
    I'm assuming your goal is to frankinpre a sprint pre- with a Verizon pre2....I see and don't quite understand how the doctor process deactivated your sprint comm board but I learn from this site almost everyday

I haven't upgraded to 2.2.4 on my frankinpre2 as I have her running perfect on 2.1.0....takes small steps to realize your progress and you will get a handle on it

as for email you will not hurt your account signing in to different profile as I believe email settings are not stored in your profile....I suggest you reactivate your pre- and do the frankinpre2 using the Verizon 2.1.0 build and feel it out
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  3.    #23  
    ok. i am ocd. whatever.

i just figured, when in doubt, start from scratch. so the pre2 is getting the OTA to 2.2.4 and the Pre 3 is getting a reinstall of 2.2.4 through quick installer. i think. (that's next)

see? step back, calm down, thnk a minute. redoctor. the pre3 has the firmware dl symbol right now, so it's getting 2.2.4 right now. and the pre2 is getting an OTA from HP! whoda thunkit? wait, am i being played? har har.

well, we'll see in a minute. the pre3 is about to start "breathing" hp and the pre2 is about 40% dl. "Patience, Daniel-san" Miyagi knew!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    or palm.com/profile
    this looks like the place i've been going. is this different than here:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...ge.xhtml?rvn=1

that's where i've been going, to "manage my device". it only allows one email per device.

DOES ANYONE HAVE TWO OR MORE PALM PROFILES LISTED UNDER THE SAME EMAIL ACCT? two profiles to two phones, of course. but under the same login? that's what i'm looking for. i'm about to login and see, this palm.com/profile.

ok, they're both done cookin'. let's see if i burned anything. (i'm redoctoring both right now)

ok, pre3 wants language choice...pre2 is 50% done "validating". don't like the sound of that.
    "these aren't the comm boards you're looking for; move along"
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I'm assuming your goal is to frankinpre a sprint pre- with a Verizon pre2....I see and don't quite understand how the doctor process deactivated your sprint comm board but I learn from this site almost everyday

I haven't upgraded to 2.2.4 on my frankinpre2 as I have her running perfect on 2.1.0....takes small steps to realize your progress and you will get a handle on it

as for email you will not hurt your account signing in to different profile as I believe email settings are not stored in your profile....I suggest you reactivate your pre- and do the frankinpre2 using the Verizon 2.1.0 build and feel it out

it wasn't the dr. process so much as i chose the wrong thing to reset. i thought i was clearing the palm id so i could re log into the palm profile (create new or existing), but instead i made it reset everything the dr. did, and it changed back into a verizon phone, so - sprint net rejected what the board was telling it I GUESS. i don't, but that sounds possible.

anyway, i went with the 2.2.4 only because it's coming right out of the air; quick n' painless. if i have to meta doctor back to something i'll invite someone who works with tiny screwdrivers and linux routinely. that ain't me at all. heck i'm over 40. i know why they call it "dialing" a number. haha anyway, the OTA is 50% done cooking, now i'm going to go to the palm site and see if all the data is right for the phones before i try pairing them up.
    Maybe this would work for you? StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals
    Stay thirsty, my friends
  7.    #27  
    holy moley.

i did it.

i spent the last two nights working straight thru on these phones. and that's the 2nd weekend i pulled a double-all-nighter on this.

END RESULT: my Pre 1 comm board is in the VZN Pre2. It's working well on Sprint, after receiving 2.2.4 OTA. And I updated the PRL to 60687.

meanwhile, my Pre3 is working well on Straight Talk. i got the mvno settings right, and cleaned up the conflict with google overlap.

BOTH PHONES ARE CALLING, RECEIVING CALLS; texting and SMSing over data and over wifi, Sprint is showing EV and STalk is showing H+. Everything is working, i backed up each profile, and tested input/output in every communication method.

I DID IT!!!!

i'll be writing up an article when i have time, going over where i got hung up and how i got through it.

of course, i couldn't have done it without the contributions here. i owe some contribution$ myself, but special thx to MATTEEBEE and SQ5 for their support and extra information.

it can be done. too bad my pictures of the double dissection got lost in one of the re-doctors! haha but, i got two fully functional phones. thanx again!
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs4thPre View Post
    ok, redownloaded the doctor, ran it. it worked. did something. let's me sign in, but won't restore my data. says try later.

my hp profile online matches my phone now. the s/n and OS version match the pre2.

but i don't know how to get the data. i think it's version 2.1.5?

here we go, it's trying to restore the palm profile again automatically after reboot. didn't even ask.

i can use the dialer to ## something.

suggestions?

uh oh. restart got me farther than before. it would have let me sign into mail accts. but i hit skip. it's restarting again.

wow this is nerve racking.

it's booting up...

IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!!!!

HOLY MOLEY, I DID IT!

wow, thanks to everyone! i'll post some pics later.

this is awesome. i think i really did it.

thanx again all!
    Why didn't you just get a verizon PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $and$ $flash$ $it$ $to$ $sprint$? $It$ $saves$ $a$ $crapload$ $of$ $time$
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Why didn't you just get a verizon PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $and$ $flash$ $it$ $to$ $sprint$? $It$ $saves$ $a$ $crapload$ $of$ $time$
    Perhaps you could enlighten us all on how that is done (legally)?
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Perhaps you could enlighten us all on how that is done (legally)?
    well, you can either do the Jeannie-style 'arms crossed-head nod", or the Samantha-style "nose-twitch".

heheh i'm kidding; seriously tho-

yes sir, please explain the process of "flashing", that makes a VZN Pre2 (which i have) work on Sprint (which mine now is). it does sound like it could have saved me a lot of time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12