06/24/2012, 09:54 AM
i did it.
i spent the last two nights working straight thru on these phones. and that's the 2nd weekend i pulled a double-all-nighter on this.
END RESULT: my Pre 1 comm board is in the VZN Pre2. It's working well on Sprint, after receiving 2.2.4 OTA. And I updated the PRL to 60687.
meanwhile, my Pre3 is working well on Straight Talk. i got the mvno settings right, and cleaned up the conflict with google overlap.
BOTH PHONES ARE CALLING, RECEIVING CALLS; texting and SMSing over data and over wifi, Sprint is showing EV and STalk is showing H+. Everything is working, i backed up each profile, and tested input/output in every communication method.
I DID IT!!!!
i'll be writing up an article when i have time, going over where i got hung up and how i got through it.
of course, i couldn't have done it without the contributions here. i owe some contribution$ myself, but special thx to MATTEEBEE and SQ5 for their support and extra information.
it can be done. too bad my pictures of the double dissection got lost in one of the re-doctors! haha but, i got two fully functional phones. thanx again!