1.    #1  
    Hi all,

last night my Pre2 was fully charged via USB cable plugged into my computer. I unplugged the USB end from the computer and went to bed, however left the cable attached to the phone. This is the original cable provided by HP/Palm.

When I woke up this morning, the battery was completely drained (about 7 hours). On a normal day, I get typical battery life throughout the day with regular use. I am also certain the screen wasn't left on.

I know the simple solution is to just unplug it fully, but just curious as to what happened and if anybody has had this issue?
    Last edited by kevin711; 06/22/2012 at 08:37 AM.
    The only thing I can think off is that the phone stayed in USB mode and while the screen was off, it stayed in "standby mode".

Another thing I can think of is that the computer port is not powerful enough to charge the Pre (500mA, as opposed to 1A for it's adapter) more than a trickle charge and you had a false reading before you unplugged it.

And third possibility, your connection (signal strength to WIFI or cell) was weak and the phone spent the night trying to connect.

If you don't have a Touchstone, I highly recommend it.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...