Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to put 1.4.5 on a pre2? Seeing as both platforms have stagnated, I'd prefer to have old apps that work reliably and a reliable bluetooth stack vs. what I am dealing with on 2.2.4.
    : (){:|:&};:
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Is it possible to put 1.4.5 on a pre2? Seeing as both platforms have stagnated, I'd prefer to have old apps that work reliably and a reliable bluetooth stack vs. what I am dealing with on 2.2.4.
    You can change the model/carrier during a@meta doctor, but I assume it will not work.

    You can install older doctors webOS 2.0.0, 2.0.1,2.1.0? You can even use a script I created called getbt to pull webOS 2.1.0 bluetooth modules and replace webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth stack.

    Hope that helps?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    You can change the model/carrier during a@meta doctor, but I assume it will not work.

    You can install older doctors webOS 2.0.0, 2.0.1,2.1.0? You can even use a script I created called getbt to pull webOS 2.1.0 bluetooth modules and replace webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth stack.

    Hope that helps?
    Ahh, I'm curious about the bluetooth script. Where do I find it? IIRC, it's never worked well on 2.x, but it's something to try.
    : (){:|:&};:
  4. #4  
    Old apps that work reliably?

    I could never imagine going back to 1.x personally
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Ahh, I'm curious about the bluetooth script. Where do I find it? IIRC, it's never worked well on 2.x, but it's something to try.
    Follow MAP Bluetooth Legacy Devices - WebOS Internals

    For the scripts on this page: How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor

    If you have any question please do not hesitate to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Old apps that work reliably?

    I could never imagine going back to 1.x personally
    webOS 1.4.5.x has worked well for some, I personally agree webOS 2.x.x is better, but I never gave webOS 1.4.5.x a chance the moment webOS 2.1.0 was released for the PrePlus on O2 then SFR I jumped, never looking back...

    The compiled Luna (in webOS 2.x.x) seems to work much faster then webOS 1.4.5.x JavaScript version, but then one can modify it better.
  6. #6  
    True True. I went from 1.4.5 to 2.x on Veer shortly after it launched... never messed with the meta doctors when I was still on Sprint. I do miss some of the customization of 1.x, but there is enough customization in 2.x that I have been happy with Veer, Pre2, and Pre3 and wife is still happy with her Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions