1.    #1  
    Is it possible to put 1.4.5 on a pre2? Seeing as both platforms have stagnated, I'd prefer to have old apps that work reliably and a reliable bluetooth stack vs. what I am dealing with on 2.2.4.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Is it possible to put 1.4.5 on a pre2? Seeing as both platforms have stagnated, I'd prefer to have old apps that work reliably and a reliable bluetooth stack vs. what I am dealing with on 2.2.4.
    You can change the model/carrier during a@meta doctor, but I assume it will not work.

You can install older doctors webOS 2.0.0, 2.0.1,2.1.0? You can even use a script I created called getbt to pull webOS 2.1.0 bluetooth modules and replace webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth stack.

Hope that helps?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    You can change the model/carrier during a@meta doctor, but I assume it will not work.

You can install older doctors webOS 2.0.0, 2.0.1,2.1.0? You can even use a script I created called getbt to pull webOS 2.1.0 bluetooth modules and replace webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth stack.

Hope that helps?
    Ahh, I'm curious about the bluetooth script. Where do I find it? IIRC, it's never worked well on 2.x, but it's something to try.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Old apps that work reliably?

I could never imagine going back to 1.x personally
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Ahh, I'm curious about the bluetooth script. Where do I find it? IIRC, it's never worked well on 2.x, but it's something to try.
    Follow MAP Bluetooth Legacy Devices - WebOS Internals

For the scripts on this page: How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor

If you have any question please do not hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Old apps that work reliably?

I could never imagine going back to 1.x personally
    webOS 1.4.5.x has worked well for some, I personally agree webOS 2.x.x is better, but I never gave webOS 1.4.5.x a chance the moment webOS 2.1.0 was released for the PrePlus on O2 then SFR I jumped, never looking back...

The compiled Luna (in webOS 2.x.x) seems to work much faster then webOS 1.4.5.x JavaScript version, but then one can modify it better.
    True True. I went from 1.4.5 to 2.x on Veer shortly after it launched... never messed with the meta doctors when I was still on Sprint. I do miss some of the customization of 1.x, but there is enough customization in 2.x that I have been happy with Veer, Pre2, and Pre3 and wife is still happy with her Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...