1.    #1  
    My Pre2's sound was very loud in speaker phone mode. Suddenly its gone very low, if I switch it back and forth between speaker phone and handset mode in call, some times it again goes loud.

I don't know if its related but I also feel sound during music playback has also reduced, not sure about it.

Help needed.
  2.    #2  
    Please Guys Help Needed
    First, I'd say reboot it (full shut down, take battery out and back in and on again after a minute or so).

Second, there's threads about a fault if you use the headset jack, where the connector gets stuck and leaves the phone thinking that there's a headset plugged in, so you have to play with it a few times and hope to get it back (I tend to only use a Bluetooth headset to prevent having to deal with plugs and wires). A quick search should get you to those threads.

Third, try using a stereo Bluetooth device, check how the sound is, then switch it back.

Questions would be... do you have any apps that might have caused this?

There is a possibility that it's hardware related, and that would require repairs.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Did you over look the sounds & Ringtones master volume level

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #5  
    @kataran

I haven't overlooked the master volume control option, its been set to maximum.

@imfallen_angel
    I haven't installed many apps. May be 3 to 4, that too pretty basic.
    I operated Pre2 while on touchstone, speaker phone, and after that its volume went down.
    I would try your suggestions of turning off phone completely and audio jack insertion/removal.

If its a hardware fault, I am in India so I can't get a repair. I would have to do it myself.

Thanks guys.
    Good luck and let us know if you can resolve it.

You didn't mention if the volume is fine with bluetooth or regular (plugged in) earphones... I would recommend that you try to see what does and what doesn't work.

But so many times, a simple reboot can fix many things... both my Pre2 and Touchpad hit a quirk once in a while (maybe 2-3 times since I've had them , about a year for my Pre2 and a few months for the Touchpad), and every time, a reboot resolves things.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  7.    #7  
    I have recurring ear infection, so can't put anything in my ears. Scared.