Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I've everything short of doctor my phone and I can't get yahoo to come back to work any more. I've been successfully using yahoo mail with the following settings:

- Email Account (not yahoo! account)
    - imap account
    - palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    - username@yahoo.com
    - password
    - SSL

- smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    - use Authentication "on"
    - username@yahoo.com
    - password.
    - SSL

This set up has worked really well for me until the last few days. Nothing is coming through on the incoming side but I can still send emails. I've tried doing an "erase app and data" as well with no luck. I've also tried changing the incoming address to imap.mail.yahoo.com as well as imap-ssl.mail.yahoo.com with no luck. Is it just me or is everyone else out there going through the same trouble recently?
    I just created my Yahoo login in mail when I got my phones over a year ago, and never looked back, nor needed anything more.

Yahoo does tend to hiccup once in a while, but a simply refresh of my inbox in my account(s) and it updates.

The Pre 2 doesn't need to be manually configured, just your email and password.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply:

I don't know what it is but some people, including myself, experience the "error 1299" when setting up yahoo email the normal way. That is why I had to find a workaround which was to manually input the information as I have shown above. From time to time I try and do it the normal way (through a yahoo account) but it never works for me.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I use the workaround. About a week ago I had a problem, but then it returned to normal without doing the same.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I use the workaround. About a week ago I had a problem, but then it returned to normal without doing the same.
    Ok. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope it just comes back for me. Thanks!
    Good luck,

I guess I've been lucky with my accounts (I use 2, and my wife had hers, which also never gave her issues). The kids use a Touchpad and they've set it up so that they just need to enter their password (as the Touchpad is shared among them). Same scenario, never an issue.

But I do know that Yahoo plays with their systems on a regular basis... forced me to open a Google calendar as Yahoo's calendar just refused to synch correctly... also similar problems with the Messaging and Yahoo Messenger.

I wish they'd get things working once and for all.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    + Remove the account,
    + then log into the yahoo account using your browser (a guy at HP Support told me that once)
    + then create the account again, using the Yahoo option.

If it still doesn't work create it using Add Email Account and remove the "palm" just imap.mail.yahoo.com