1.    #1  
    I recently got a good deal on a Verizon Palm Pre 2 on Ebay, with the only catch being that it had a bad ESN. No big deal, as I wasn't planning to activate a cellular plan on it, anyway. But, it seems I ran into a bit of a snag. When I was adding all my accounts to webOS, I tried adding my Skype account, but it gave me an error saying "No cellular connection". Do I have to have an active Verizon account tied to my Pre 2 to use this feature, or is there another way around it, so I can use it on Wi-Fi? By the way, I do have an active Verizon account on my iPhone 4S, if I need to use that temporarily to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalover1 View Post
    I recently got a good deal on a Verizon Palm Pre 2 on Ebay, with the only catch being that it had a bad ESN. No big deal, as I wasn't planning to activate a cellular plan on it, anyway. But, it seems I ran into a bit of a snag. When I was adding all my accounts to webOS, I tried adding my Skype account, but it gave me an error saying "No cellular connection". Do I have to have an active Verizon account tied to my Pre 2 to use this feature, or is there another way around it, so I can use it on Wi-Fi? By the way, I do have an active Verizon account on my iPhone 4S, if I need to use that temporarily to activate it.
    Assume you are on webOS 2.0.1/2.1.0 Skype mobile only works on the Verizon's network, upgrade to webOS 2.2.4 (meta doctor scripts there are two I created), then Skype works over WiFi.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Assume you are on webOS 2.0.1/2.1.0 Skype mobile only works on the Verizon's network, upgrade to webOS 2.2.4 (meta doctor scripts there are two I created), then Skype works over WiFi.
    I have to upgrade manually with Meta Doctor? How would I got about doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalover1 View Post
    I have to upgrade manually with Meta Doctor? How would I got about doing that?
    Go to the url: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Follow the instructions once done run the super or regular Verizon scripts for the pre2.

For more info follow the thread 2.2.4 for the VZW Pre 2?

If you need more help post in the above thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Go to the url: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Follow the instructions once done run the super or regular Verizon scripts for the pre2.

For more info follow the thread 2.2.4 for the VZW Pre 2?

If you need more help post in the above thread...
    Hello, john and thanks for you amazing work with the scripts.. i have a simple question.. which script would you recommend for internatioal users.. the TEST script or the Super...i found one of these pretty darn cheap on amazon ( 75 bucks ) and are very easy to configure here in Mexico with IUSACELL network ( the only CDMA company in the country )...im upgrading from a pixi + 1.4.5 .1

Thanks, this community rocks !!!

Gullermo
    Tj, Mex.
    Quote Originally Posted by memoborgir View Post
    Hello, john and thanks for you amazing work with the scripts.. i have a simple question.. which script would you recommend for internatioal users.. the TEST script or the Super...i found one of these pretty darn cheap on amazon ( 75 bucks ) and are very easy to configure here in Mexico with IUSACELL network ( the only CDMA company in the country )...im upgrading from a pixi + 1.4.5 .1

Thanks, this community rocks !!!

Gullermo
    Tj, Mex.
    The test script is the unlocked doctor with the umts firmware removed and cdma firmware in it's place, the super is as close to a Verizon doctor I can create, unless you need the old youtube, old mobile google maps, or classic, use the test script, one can always add those after.