1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    On my Pre 2 I can't send emails over 3G. I can send them over Wi-Fi but that's not always an option. When I went on the account settings and checked the outgoing email settings for GMail they were as they should be. I put in my password and then tapped "Validate Settings" it said that it couldn't validate the outgoing server. I am using T-Mobile UK. Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks
    Are you able to send/receive data over 3g? Your dialer is configured for your network?

That would be an odd case if you have data and can't email... Have you double checked your settings? Tried calling T-Mobile UK support?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Are you able to send/receive data over 3g? Your dialer is configured for your network?

That would be an odd case if you have data and can't email... Have you double checked your settings? Tried calling T-Mobile UK support?
    I can use 3G data fine. I tweeted T-Mobile help on twitter but they began talking about iPhones. I'll email them about my inability to email and report back.
    Try rebooting your phone.

You might also try removing the account and then reinstalling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Try rebooting your phone.

You might also try removing the account and then reinstalling it.
    I had the same problem with my Pre3 last week and the only way I could find to fix it was to remove the email account and re-add it. It was receiving fine but would not send. I tried re-entering all the account details but this did not help, deleting the account (IMAP) and then reloading it fixed the problem.

I seem to remember having similar problems occasionally with my Pre- which is what prompted me to try this.
  6.    #6  
    I have tried but to no avail. It isn't the network's fault, I think, I used the telnet test and it seemed ok.
    Have you tried removing and re-adding the account? Make sure to remove via the Accounts app not the email app.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Have you tried removing and re-adding the account? Make sure to remove via the Accounts app not the email app.
    I've done that. I also put mobile hotspot on and tried to send an email using Thunderbird with no success so I'm going to give them a call.