1.    #1  
    I'm ready to Sprintify my Pre2 but getting a bit nervous to do it myself.
    Anyone in the greater Pittsburgh area that can make the upgrade for me while I wait?
    Thanks
    and I thought I was the only one in Pittsburgh using Webos on sprint. Have you taken apart your phone before? It is fairly simple. there are only a few tricky parts but they are well documented. If I understand the sprintify process correctly all you need to do is extract some data from your phone then swap the com-boards. Then create meta Dr with extracted data and install.

I have not sprintified my pre 2 but I have swapped com boards between two Pres and it wasn't difficult. You should be able to handle it.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    and I thought I was the only one in Pittsburgh using Webos on sprint. Have you taken apart your phone before? It is fairly simple. there are only a few tricky parts but they are well documented. If I understand the sprintify process correctly all you need to do is extract some data from your phone then swap the com-boards. Then create meta Dr with extracted data and install.

I have not sprintified my pre 2 but I have swapped com boards between two Pres and it wasn't difficult. You should be able to handle it.
    Thanks for the encouragement epd1,
    it's not so much the hardware (did the frankinpixi for Sprint myself) as it is getting all the software working correctly. From loading and using linux to building a doctor then making sure messaging, GPS, and Sprint TV and Navigation apps all work is what I am worried about.

I'm looking for a little help with this and am willing to pay for it.
    seems to be a few more of us from pittsburgh than I thought. I did my pre2 a few months ago and building the dr is pretty straightforward as I'm a linux novice myself. I found 2.1 to be the most stable and responsive. Didn't worry about sprint tv or nav so can't give any advice there.

chad