Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs4thPre View Post
    i wonder if 'openwebos' will eliminate this issue or just perpetuate it.
    No OS can solve throttled speeds from the carrier.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    No OS can solve throttled speeds from the carrier.
    unless it prompts another carrier to support the phone.

and i'm sick of my Pre2 now. it just can't seem to keep up with streaming Pandora over BT and taking calls occasionally. The BT connection is screwing up, saying it's on when it's off.

responsiveness of the phone as a whole is in the toilet. i don't know what to do except maybe put my comm board back in the Pre1 and pretend this was all a horrible nightmare.
    Last edited by TJs4thPre; 07/02/2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Not sure if you tried all my suggestions from post #36, but sticking with 2.1.0, or just bumping up your system/cpu voltages in govnah might fix everything.
  4.    #44  
    i reactivated my Pre1.

Pre2 is in suspended animation in airplane mode. (doesn't know it's deactive yet)

meanwhile, i've got *28 forwarding Pre1 calls to Pre3 so i can test it in daily use without carrying both phones.

i'll most likely have to do physical comm swap again. even though technically both boards are active, i'm pretty sure even if i do the reactivate online first, the Pre2 will not just reconnect. it should kick it off, requiring the other comm board be put in.

going insane here.
  5.    #45  
    since i found out that *28 is free call forwarding on Sprint, i've left the Pre1 on AP mode and have carried the Pre3. It definitely needs to spend time on the charger during the day, but it operated well in my usual routine of BT'ing Pandora with interruptions of calls and google chats. SMS doesn't FWD withe the free *28.

So the phone and STalk were able to get through my routine today. I'll test it again tomorrow. Then i'll go back to messing with FrankenPre2s....maybe.

Pre2 is now just a backup alarm clock, giving my Z22 a break.
  6.    #46  
    ok, i'm going to take another stab. this is what i've got so far:

Pre1: active comm board, updated network settings, updated PRL, then backed up.

Pre2: webosdoctored with 103 to 2.1.0. Now waiting to choose language.

Where to go from here:
    Power up Pre1 and turn off back up? Then delete profile from HP?
    or
    Swap boards as is?
    or
    online reactivate from Sprint with new IDs?
    or
    just wing it?

ugh i dont know what to do
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs4thPre View Post
    ok, i'm going to take another stab. this is what i've got so far:

Pre1: active comm board, updated network settings, updated PRL, then backed up.

Pre2: webosdoctored with 103 to 2.1.0. Now waiting to choose language.

Where to go from here:
    Power up Pre1 and turn off back up? Then delete profile from HP?
    or
    Swap boards as is?
    or
    online reactivate from Sprint with new IDs?
    or
    just wing it?

ugh i dont know what to do
    ok, surgery done. boards swapped. i turned on the Pre1 and it came up like it was it's ordinary self, but phone was offline. i put into airplane mode before antennae started sniffing around.

now i'm about to turn on the Pre2 with active comm board.
    but i'm concerned how sprint will handle the variation in IDs. i'm thinking of going to sprint and sending an activation OTA to the Pre2 and hoping it doesn't flip. i'll see what it asks me when i go to sprint.
  8.    #48  
    then the sprint word disappeared from the top left corner.
    i noticed i couldn't send texts. i checked ##data and saw the email address had changed from the one that matches the NAI in device info, to the MEID@ etc.

so i doctored it again with the 103 2.1.0 i have. seems to be ok so far. everything is communicating. i just put on preware with the WOQI and now the UK. i'm wondering how long it will last. i'll take two phones to work tomorrow in case this thing flakes on me.

i keep wondering if i need to do something with the backups, or with the settings you can tweak in the ##786 but i don't know.

hopefully it will just work now.
  9.    #49  
    as you can see my last post was July 8, so for just over a month i had a FrankenPre2 working well enough on Sprint that i was happy with it. Still a little quirky with BT connectivity and google chat staying logged in, but i was happy with my more solid hardware that was still small like the original so i can carry it in my pocket.

THEN I DROPPED IT LAST NITE.

gorilla glass is shattered. touchscreen works fine, but i cant read half of everything from the fractures.

so i just got done reactivating the old Pre1 (my 7th) on Sprint. the website tried to tack on their $10 data surcharge, so i called CS and got a nice person to complete the activation w/o the fee.

so, this thread illustrates a remarkably low point in my life. i wigged out the weekend i initiated this, it cost me almost $2000 in phones, medical bills, etc.; plus enough stress to get me involuntarily hospitalized. in the end, back to pre1.

i blame Leo!

(haha, seriously though, i'm doing alright. but stuff like this is why i'm crazy. no matter how much i persist, something beyond my control will get me. this time it was gravity. sh!t happens; i just wish i didn't step in it so often!)

peace out,
    Tj
    Last edited by TJs10thPre; 11/22/2012 at 01:32 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123