Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    What kind of speeds can I expect?
    Your experience will vary... It depends on the equipment deployed in your area. I believe there are some on ST doing better than I am and some not as well...

I'm getting about 0.7 - 0.9 mb per second download speed as I documented here: Pre 2 / Straight Talk / Data Speed / carrierdb.json

But you also have to factor in a lot of settings as far as Preware add ons like UberKernel and Govnah. It is definitely all within the 3G range.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm debating between St and gophone and tnobile $30 plan

How much data have ya used so far
    Never mind T Mobile unless you are happy with only getting Edge (2.5g) speeds. Their 3g works on a band Pre 2 physically does not have. You can search the forums about yanking a Go phone SIM but I seem to recall users reporting problems...

The deal on ST is you get the SIM and have to use the $45/month unlimited plan. Works great for me 6 weeks in. If you're asking how much data I use to get a guideline for how much you think you should purchase I'll say go for unlimited anyway. You will be playing with the phone a lot getting preware set up and downloading patches, apps, etc...

Plus there is free tether and WiFi tethering to your phone. I'm close to one gigabyte and only about halfway through my month... But my home internet went out this week and I've been tethering more.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee