Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    SO YEAH I GOT IT!!!!!

Such an elegant OS. My brother texted me while I was at Wonderland for a Band trip and I got so excited!!... except that I had to pay $17 for shipping, even if I already paid $25 for it... :s

Whatever. So it automatically configured itself to the Bell network! I hope Bell doesn't charge me with anything (except activation fee, I know it will charge me $30 for it... hell)

I'll let you know if my messages and data sends! So far, the used phone I got arrived with webOS 2.2.4. That's the latest update.. right??

I'm SOOOO excited! Even if I have so much homework to do
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Oh ok my messages send properly, but I'm at the email thing from HP webOS that asks my carrier and hotline help, but the only choices are Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and HP Touchpad (?) What do I do?
    If it was simply a matter of taking a SIM card out of an old phone and putting it into your Pre2, they shouldn't charge you. They didn't charge me when I switched from my Veer to Pre3. Can you describe what you're talking about a little better, with the email? I don't remember getting asked any questions like that. I think I remember hotmail not working properly with my old Pre-. There is a way to configure it, but I found simply switching to a gmail account was easier.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If it was simply a matter of taking a SIM card out of an old phone and putting it into your Pre2, they shouldn't charge you. They didn't charge me when I switched from my Veer to Pre3. Can you describe what you're talking about a little better, with the email? I don't remember getting asked any questions like that. I think I remember hotmail not working properly with my old Pre-. There is a way to configure it, but I found simply switching to a gmail account was easier.
    Hm... well, it said:

Talk to a Person
    We're here to help. For free setup within the first 90 days* of purchase, call the webOS Setup Hotline.

And by the way, how do I change the font/font size? And change the message alert sound? I can only change the ringtone, but not my message sound
    Last edited by raphaelgo; 05/22/2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Just go to your Accounts, off your launcher, and enter your email address/password. It should just sync up for you. You can't change the font, but you can change the font size in your messaging app with Preware.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Just follow the instructions on that link.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thank you, will do that once I've got everything set up.

Also, I can't buy paid apps via Bell. I don't own a credit card and for my BB I just used Bell to pay it for me and charge me through my phone bill. How do I do that here?
    Buy a prepaid Visa/Mastercard etc. Register it online with your name & address. Open the App Catalog, swipe down on the top-left menu, select Preferences. Re-enter all the CC details, and you're done. When the card is used up, you won't be able to buy apps until you get a new one, and repeat the above process.

There are patches that will allow you to change your message sounds, but you will need to install Preware first. Once Preware is installed, open it, then find (just start typing) Advanced System Prefs - Framework, then Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs. Install both of those, do a Luna Restart (usually asks if you want to do it after each installation, but you can opt not to until you are done installing as many patches as you want, but it is harder to tell for patch conflicts)

After the phone does the Luna restart, open up your Message app and pick Preferences and Accounts, and you will be able to set ringtones for each Message account you have enabled.
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/22/2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thank you again..!

My DropBox files from the QuickOffice won't open; my word documents. Mine are in 2007 format in .docx form. Do you know why it Quickoffice can't open them??
    Sorry out of my league, I rarely use either DropBox or QuickOffice.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Oh I'll figure it out soon... and is there a flashlight app where you ACTUALLY use the flash on the back of the phone?! all the ones I get are screen flashlights
    Preware, LED Torch, but I think that's a part of Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs. There's all sorts of neat stuff in there, apps, tweaks, themes etc. I really suggest reading up on that link above and getting it installed.
    Yes, I think the flashlight is a part of advanced system prefs, and its in the dropdown menu on the right, very nice. Changed a tire with it once.

If you can't get it let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaelgo View Post
    Thank you again..!

My DropBox files from the QuickOffice won't open; my word documents. Mine are in 2007 format in .docx form. Do you know why it Quickoffice can't open them??
    I rarely use these apps but try saving in 2003 form in doc and then open.
    What phone you had before
    SO YEAH I GOT IT!!!!!

Such an elegant OS. My brother texted me while I was at Wonderland for a Band trip and I got so excited!!... except that I had to pay $17 for shipping, even if I already paid $25 for it... :s

Whatever. So it automatically configured itself to the Bell network! I hope Bell doesn't charge me with anything (except activation fee, I know it will charge me $30 for it... hell)

I'll let you know if my messages and data sends! So far, the used phone I got arrived with webOS 2.2.4. That's the latest update.. right??

I'm SOOOO excited! Even if I have so much homework to do
    2.2.4 is the latest but except for the You tube app 2.1 is better in my opinion. There are more patches such as youview (visual voicemail) from phone, disable lightbar (this makes the light bar only light up when its doing something instead of all the time when an app is full screen) and the patch to make a video not pause in card view works in 2.1 but not in 2.2.4

If you want 2.1 you can doctor to that version and learn how to stop it from updating. But that's probly too for you at this point.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, I think the flashlight is a part of advanced system prefs, and its in the dropdown menu on the right, very nice. Changed a tire with it once.

If you can't get it let us know.
    I can't get it, I tried the preware app but it says error! see ipkg log.

I had the BB Bold 9700 before... I liked it, but the lag and lack of memory + horrible browser just made me rage on it (it's not broken though)

And for some reason I managed to open my docx file, but I can't edit it. I thought you're able to edit docs now? How can I?

I noticed one thing too: My top bar doesn't say if it is 3G, or not. It just shows Wifi, signal, and battery life on the top right. How do I make it show to 3G?
    Last edited by raphaelgo; 05/22/2012 at 11:24 PM.
    With picsel smart office (on the app catalog) no editing with the default quickoffice
    I noticed one thing too: My top bar doesn't say if it is 3G, or not. It just shows Wifi, signal, and battery life on the top right. How do I make it show to 3G?
    Is the WiFi turned on? Have you left it running WiFi?

When WiFi is on it shows WiFi so you know where your data usage is coming from. That icon replaces carrier speed icon. With WiFi off it should show carrier speed, i.e.: 3G.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Is the WiFi turned on? Have you left it running WiFi?

When WiFi is on it shows WiFi so you know where your data usage is coming from. That icon replaces carrier speed icon. With WiFi off it should show carrier speed, i.e.: 3G.
    Thank you so much! That proved it
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I managed to resolve the flashlight problem by downloading the patch that turns on the flash for video recording. Thank you, once again, webOSNation! I'll buy the Piscel office tomorrow.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast