Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Look for LED Torch, and install the dependency that it needs, forget what it's called (it'll tell you) and see if that works. Touchstone should only require a charger that provides 1 amp.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Get a palm charger. I'll send you one for free if you want. The touchstone won't work with just any charger.

I remember installing a touchstone in my car I gave up the others and got a palm charger and it works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Look for LED Torch, and install the dependency that it needs, forget what it's called (it'll tell you) and see if that works. Touchstone should only require a charger that provides 1 amp.
    Thank you, LED Torch works!

Hm.. so I do need the Palm charger? I don't have a clue on the power/amps the charger has on the touchstone. This is driving me crazy! One problem after another.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Get a palm charger. I'll send you one for free if you want. The touchstone won't work with just any charger.

I remember installing a touchstone in my car I gave up the others and got a palm charger and it works perfectly.
    Really?! You'll actually do that?! OMG thank you!
    The Pre's adapter is a full 1A (1000mA), anything less and it's not going to work, especially with the Touchstone. If you've been charging your phone with any adapter (with the micro USB), odds are that you were using a lesser powered one, the most common are 500mA.

This might explain your battery issues, it might not have been charging the battery correctly.

And I do believe that the Palm ones are of much higher quality than the general ones out there, but I'm not sure if there's a chip in them or not, but overall, just for the quality, I'd recommend them.

The Touchpad's adapter are 2.1A, and 5.3V, something that I've not been able to match. I did get the Touchpad's Touchstone to work with a third party 2A adapter, but the Touchpad doesn't recognize it if I plug it in directly, so there's probably a reason for that.

But back to the Touchstone, I might be wishful about it, but I find that my Pre charges faster and better using the Touchstone.

One warning... sometimes the back of the Pre can have an issue and it won't charge right. Make sure that you play with it, remove it, put it back on firmly and such... I know that mine had a faulty one, but I was lucky enough to have extra backs. But it's something I've read on other threads in here, so it does happen.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I have one of those Bell generic micro-USB car chargers, (with extra USB input) and it works fine for my Touchstone. I think it cost $25 or so. It's kind of a tight fit, so just be careful when you plug it into the Touchstone. Find them at any Bell store.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Oh, another note...

If you need a case for it (rotating belt clip), Walmart has a "Roots 1973""

This one: Product from Gentec International

It is perfect for the Pre.... just keep the foam they put it in when new, cut a sliver just under 1cm to put in the bottom of the case for added protection and keep the phone high enough to grip it properly.

Took me months to find a decent case.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Oh, another note...

It is perfect for the Pre.... just keep the foam they put it in when new, cut a sliver just under 1cm to put in the bottom of the case for added protection and keep the phone high enough to grip it properly.

Thank you for all your help guys! And I don't really need a case/leather holder, I think it increases the chance of having it pickpocketed from me in the ghetto area in which I live in.

I'm trying to contact my cousin on vacation to the Philippines, former Pre owner, to see if she left her Palm charger but so far I think she brought it with her, I can't find it in her tech box
    imfallen_angel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaelgo View Post
    Thank you for all your help guys! And I don't really need a case/leather holder, I think it increases the chance of having it pickpocketed from me in the ghetto area in which I live in.

I'm trying to contact my cousin on vacation to the Philippines, former Pre owner, to see if she left her Palm charger but so far I think she brought it with her, I can't find it in her tech box
    ghetto area?... where around are you in Canada, if I may ask?

but seriously, the glass in the Pre2 is gorilla glass,but it doesn't mean that it's indestructible, especially to drops, so if you don't have one already, make sure that you get a protector of some sort on it.
    I see a pattern...
    That's funny. Had a girlfriend in Toronto once, I asked her to show me the ghetto so she took me to this nice looking complex that made me jealous. So I'm pretty sure there are no ghettos in Canada.

As for the case, I prefer naked myself.
    Oh, another note...

I see you also have a Pre 2. Does that Roots case work with both the Pre and Pre 2?
    Every Canadian city has it's "ghetto" area....even the city of 40,000 that I grew up in did.....although probably nothing like what you'd imagine. Local slur if nothing else.....

just noticed your locale...lol... well you get my drift.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ghetto area?... where around are you in Canada, if I may ask?

but seriously, the glass in the Pre2 is gorilla glass,but it doesn't mean that it's indestructible, especially to drops, so if you don't have one already, make sure that you get a protector of some sort on it.
    Scarborough.... yeah and I go to a high school. No one really sticks a phone holder in their uniform pants unless they want someone to jump them or get it stolen
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    I see you also have a Pre 2. Does that Roots case work with both the Pre and Pre 2?
    I have both a Pre and Pre2 (I upgraded, and the Pre is now my wife's phone), and they are the same size.. the only difference is that the Pre has the front button that may get pressed, but that would happen with any case, I'd suggest placing something similar in size, with an added part to force a shape to form so that it's got some space for the bump of the button.
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Imfallen
    I'm in Ottawa too. Actually rockland.

I have both a Pre and Pre2 (I upgraded, and the Pre is now my wife's phone), and they are the same size.. the only difference is that the Pre has the front button that may get pressed, but that would happen with any case, I'd suggest placing something similar in size, with an added part to force a shape to form so that it's got some space for the bump of the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoI View Post
    Imfallen
    I'm in Ottawa too. Actually rockland.
    Haven't been there in forever... but I would believe that with all the construction all over the city and expanding, it must be much larger than it used to be.

I'm originally from Ottawa, grew up in Vanier, and now on the Quebec side (Hull sector) as the difference in rent and such was huge... I eventually bought a house and while I wish I could go back to the Ontario side, things are settled now, and we live in a great area with great neighbors... I'd have to take them with me if I'd move.

I got my original Pre with Bell when I slipped on ice and broken my phone and needed a replacement. I got lucky as they had the special on the Pre with special data plan fees, it was ending up costing me around 5$ more per month with the data.

But it didn't take long that I found that no voice dialing was a huge bummer as I had it and used it a lot with my old phone. I found my Pre2 at a Flea Market in Montreal... t'was a locked Roger one, but I was able to unlock it and been using it since.

The funniest thing was one of the kids wanted to get himself his own cell (and wanted texting and such)... we started checking all the models, the plans, the features, etc.... and the more I looked, the more that everything out there, no matter if much newer, nothing matched the Pre2... so we ordered an unlocked one via eBay. 6 months later and he's still enjoying it quite fine.

Even now, I look at other phones and none comes close to the classy, simple look of the Pre2.
    I see a pattern...
    LOLz

This has become such a Maple Syrup flavored thread.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123